• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Anyone recommend any hutch-builders (I am in the East Mids).

lexxiesmith

Young Bun
As the title says really... Fed up of browsing the internet to try and find hutches only to discover they're not sturdy enough, or the wood's too soft, or the run's too small, or the floorspace isn't large enough, or the locks are rubbish... or... orr... orrrrrr... :|

I have around £150-200 to spend.

Have you tried Mr Buns?

http://www.mrbuns.co.uk/

They make any size to order and the prices are pretty reasonable. They don't use the thickest wood/ply or the best quality mesh, but definitely better than pet shop hutches or most of rubbish hutches sold on ebay.

I bought a hutch from them about 10 years ago, and its still in pretty good condition...although does need a waterproof cover to stop water leaking in.

We've just bought one from the Happy Hutch Company and it is excellent! They will make it to any size you like (we wanted something bigger than what they had on the website and they made it for us!).

www.happyhutch.co.uk

I also have the name of the a guy who made a custom cover to fit if you are interested!

My husband makes all of my hutches.!!!

Some of them are 9 years old and still in good repair.
You name it, he will make it. Any size, single, double, triple, runs.........!!
He puts removable perspex across the front to keep out the wind and rain.
Believe you me they are very, very solid, made to last and all made from scratch. No flat packs here.

I am not very computer literate so can't send you any photos if possible even, on RU. If you e-mail me though, I will send you some photos through.

Alice at Windwhistle Warren has got one which was specially built for her.
Quite a few of my customers also have some.

He is a builder by trade and does love a challenge.

Forgot to mention, the largest hutch he has made for me, well actually the buns, is 8' x 2' x 2' double decker, with removal inserts, and removable perspex.

If you are interested PM me and we will see what we can do for you.

Di.

Yes, I would agree with Georgeypudding, no more than two. We went for that size hutch, but had it made 2.5ft deep and it makes an incredible difference - so much more space for the buns to stretch out. It might be worth considering.

Back