• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

She's still not eating

kstevens7

Young Bun
Riley is still not her usual self... Despite seeing some poos and wees last night things don't look a whole lot better this morning.

I'm running out of ideas. Am I being paranoid and should just leave her to it? I saw her flopped last night but nothing this morning. She came running for her pellets like she usually does but decided not to eat them. Argh I don't know what to do.

Riley is still not her usual self... Despite seeing some poos and wees last night things don't look a whole lot better this morning.

I'm running out of ideas. Am I being paranoid and should just leave her to it? I saw her flopped last night but nothing this morning. She came running for her pellets like she usually does but decided not to eat them. Argh I don't know what to do.

give her, her favourite foods if she wont eat her pellets, yuki didnt either, but she did guzzle down greens and carrots >_<

Okay, I'll go get some parsley etc now.

She's just flopped... Doesn't this mean she isn't in pain?? I'm so confused!

IMG_0490.jpg
[/IMG]

I don't know what anything means anymore. :cry:

No he didn't. He was totally useless.

However, she did have her teeth examined about 2 weeks ago on Fat Fluff's open day and I was told everything looked perfect, so I think we can rule out teeth. It's just leaving me more confused though. I'm not desperate to make another trip to that vet, seeing how truly limited his rabbit knowledge seemed to be. He barely touched her. :?

I'd take her back to a (different) vet today. I have seen my Heather flop sideways like that when she's in pain - it's hard to tell the difference sometimes but in the context of not eating etc, I'd say that looks like a 'trying-to-take-the-weight-off-my-painful-tummy' flop rather than a happy, relaxed flop. If she hasn't really eaten since yesterday then I'd insist on an emergency appointment this afternoon as not eating for 24 hours is pretty serious - another night and it could be too late for her, and it's unlikely to resolve on its own without working out the cause and giving adequate pain relief as well as whatever other drugs may be necessary.

Good luck x

I'd take her back to a (different) vet today. I have seen my Heather flop sideways like that when she's in pain - it's hard to tell the difference sometimes but in the context of not eating etc, I'd say that looks like a 'trying-to-take-the-weight-off-my-painful-tummy' flop rather than a happy, relaxed flop. If she hasn't really eaten since yesterday then I'd insist on an emergency appointment this afternoon as not eating for 24 hours is pretty serious - another night and it could be too late for her, and it's unlikely to resolve on its own without working out the cause and giving adequate pain relief as well as whatever other drugs may be necessary.

Good luck x

Completely agree with Santa xx

She has actually eaten - it seems to be hay that is the most appealing and she hasn't eaten loads but she has definitely been nibbling. I'm going to try her with some parsley (a favourite) when my flatmate gets back with it and see how that goes.

If that doesn't work, I'll take her to the vet in Archway, which is a long trip and will almost certainly stress her out more but if I needs to be done I will do it for her, obviously.

I've just read the other thread. Your vet sounds 'lacking somewhat in knowledge of bunnies'.

I'd start a new thread on here asking for vet recommendations in your area, usually people can help.

Sending mega vibes to Riley. Hope she starts her nomming soon.

xx

She has actually eaten - it seems to be hay that is the most appealing and she hasn't eaten loads but she has definitely been nibbling. I'm going to try her with some parsley (a favourite) when my flatmate gets back with it and see how that goes.

If that doesn't work, I'll take her to the vet in Archway, which is a long trip and will almost certainly stress her out more but if I needs to be done I will do it for her, obviously.

Well it's up to you, but really Riley has not even been properly examined and she has not had any pain relief despite being unwell for over 24 hours.

If she were my Rabbit I would be on the phone to a decent Vet now to arrange an appointment for this afternoon.

She's just jumped onto my bed, peed, and jumped off. She's also left a fairly sizeable pile of poos on the floor.

She seems better. Still a little bit sluggish and the poos were small-ish and a funny shape but I really do think we're over the worst of it.

I don't want to seem like i don't have my rabbit's best interests at heart by not rushing her straight off to the vet again, but in this case I think waiting a bit longer really was the best thing.

The other vet is really quite far away and because I live in London, public transport is basically the only option, unless I want to fork out for a taxi and that would stress Riley no end; she HATES travelling. I'm a student and two vet trips in two days would be veryyyyy expensive for me.

Thank you all for your advice.

Only just seen all this.
Oh dear Riley! You and Pie are int his together arn't you!? Making us mums worry like that! :no:

Well considering she's just suddenly decided she is going to get abit better with the pooing, weeing and movement maybe keep a close eye on her, but as Santa and Jane have said she really hasn't been checked over properly at all (and tbh I would maybe call or email the vets and perhaps complain about that particular vet. I hate to make a fuss but he really didnt do a good job).
And I understand about money issues too, my oH has to put Pie's vet bills onto his credit card which is very kind of him.
Really don't know what else to say, but I have a feeling we are both going to be on vigils tonight! :roll:

Back