• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

vets update

little-laura

Wise Old Thumper
right guys I posted that I as worried about yukis weight and so I took her to the vet this morning she said shes not the weight she would like her to be and would like to see more weight on her but she is not underweight.

she said to keep an eye on her give her fattening foods and if I feel she isnt getting any better or is lossing weight then to bring her back

what I didnt expect was yuki has fleas.... I didnt see them and I grrom her alot....which meant yuri had them.... so I have been given two lots of treatment and spray for their cages and the house. the fleas are from the cats in the apartment building one woman does not look after her cats well and they are flea ridden.

thanks to her I had to fork out £80 and cant afford yuris spay now... it will have to wait till next month and I am so upset as she is spraying everywhere and alot...

I am having to go around washing all the clothes cleaning all the carpets etc.. because of the fleas and I am exhausted already...

I am also still scared for yuki... as to me she is underweight even though the vet said she isnt..... its scaring me....

today sucks.....

Last edited:
Annoying isn't it. My bunnies used to get fleas regularly when we lived at our old house because the neightbours didn't treat their cats.

If you are on a budget then:

http://www.chemistdirect.co.uk/beaphar-anti-parasite-spot-on-for-rabbits-guinea-pigs-rats-and-ferrets_1_166124.html

http://www.gorgeousguineas.co.uk/p/product/0606178712-Bugs+Be+Gone%3A+100gms/

Are both good deterants if you think you are going to have a regular problem.

Try not to worry about her. I have a bunny who is not underweight but naturally on the low end of the scale. He has a very high metabolism. The best thing to do is start weighing her regularly so you can see if its regular for her or if she is actually losing weight.

Oh no :cry: i would be miffed as well if someone elses pets gave mine fleas :cry:

Hopefully you can save up for her spey soon, I know what a nightmare a hormonal doe can be :cry:

thanks guys.... I am pretty miffted at the moment to be honest, If I knew about the cats historys and knew it was safe to do so I would bloody treat them myself to stop them infecting anyone else! but of course thats the wrong thing to do can be dangerous and is not right.....in a perfect world people would actually look after their pets...

her cats are lovely though theres a certain one whos very vocal and friendly and comes running for a fuss... I am going to have to advoid him.....sad really

Annoying isn't it. My bunnies used to get fleas regularly when we lived at our old house because the neightbours didn't treat their cats.

If you are on a budget then:

http://www.chemistdirect.co.uk/beaphar-anti-parasite-spot-on-for-rabbits-guinea-pigs-rats-and-ferrets_1_166124.html

http://www.gorgeousguineas.co.uk/p/product/0606178712-Bugs+Be+Gone%3A+100gms/

Are both good deterants if you think you are going to have a regular problem.

Try not to worry about her. I have a bunny who is not underweight but naturally on the low end of the scale. He has a very high metabolism. The best thing to do is start weighing her regularly so you can see if its regular for her or if she is actually losing weight.

thank you for that! as I am out of work atm its a struggle and that will help

I am trying not to worry about yuki she is a small rabbit anyway but its hard because shes so loving and docile I cant help but worry!

I have had to take out their toys to disinfect them I feel cruel as their homes look so bare lol

Its not fair how someone elses cats have passed on their fleakies!!
Keep saving for the spey......
Youre luck will change.xxxxxxx

Fleas, what a nightmare. Why wouldn't someone treat their pets! Good luck with the defleaing.

Fleas, what a nightmare. Why wouldn't someone treat their pets! Good luck with the defleaing.

thanks just now finished de fleaing the house just need to wash the possibly affected clothes etc...

buns have had their first treatment... another in two weeks house smells of the defleaing spray lol

So sorry you're going through this because of a neighbour neglecting their pets. I hope you're able to finally get rid of the fleas - that must be horrible. I would report the neighbour to the RSPCA if they still refuse to treat their cats as that is really cruel. :(

So sorry you're going through this because of a neighbour neglecting their pets. I hope you're able to finally get rid of the fleas - that must be horrible. I would report the neighbour to the RSPCA if they still refuse to treat their cats as that is really cruel. :(

she has been reported by several other cat owners here.... because she was the reason why this couple with two dogs were infested with them ........... sigh......

Back