• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

OMG Help !

CharlotteMc

Mama Doe
I left a quality street on the floor and he had a nibble of the wrapper and had a bit of the chocolate ! What shall I do !!!!

I left a quality street on the floor and he had a nibble of the wrapper and had a bit of the chocolate ! What shall I do !!!!

Ring your vet and ask for advice, but more than likely they will just say "keep and eye on him and bring him in if youre worried":)

If it was just a tiny bit I'm sure he will be ok. Just keep an eye on him and ake sure he's eating and pooping normally. You can ring a vet if you're worried.

I wouldn't worry too much...

The other week Riley rapidly stole a Cadbury's finger from my mouth, ran across the room, and got a good bite of it before I could get it off her. She definitely knows she's not allowed!

She was absolutely fine, so I wouldn't worry too much. Just keep an eye on him. :)

I'm sure there was a bunny on here who did something similar and lived to tell the tale. Definitely keep an eye on him though. What a rascal!

I'm sure there was a bunny on here who did something similar and lived to tell the tale. Definitely keep an eye on him though. What a rascal!

You might be thinking of Mischa. He's done that in the past. He only had a tiny, tiny bit though.

If it was just a tiny bit I'm sure he will be ok. Just keep an eye on him and ake sure he's eating and pooping normally. You can ring a vet if you're worried.

:wave: I agree, Lucy has had many a cheeky nibble of chocolate :shock: and other things, I found her eating a plate of toast crusts the other day and she was fine.

I think a few bunnies have gone for chocolate on here and been ok!

I would make sure he has plenty of water, and hay, no veggies or greens or treats today!

When my rabbit ate this:

100_2411.jpg

All he was allowed for 18 hours after I realised, was hay and water and he was fine, but each bun may react differently........ just make sure all chocolate is out of reach from now on, I learnt that the hard way!

Just thought I would add.... my cheeky lad ate a lot of chocolate that day, hence the harst treatment for almost two days! I would deffo make sure your guy/gal has plenty of fresh water and hay though and avoid anything else, the water and hay helps flush it out (that was the vets advice over the phone anyways, he said just make sure hes eating plenty of hay and doesnt go into stasis.... there isnt much they can do until something goes wrong as they cant pump a buns tum like they would a dog, or make them be sick as buns CANT be sick). :)

I just wanted to say that, although my bun survived his chocolate binge, that doesnt mean its ok to feed rabbits chocolate. I believe he was very VERY lucky, and some buns may be more vulnerable to it than others!! :)

My mum lives across the road from me and used to pop over most days just before i came in from work.She used to feed my two buns kitkats!:shock: I came in one day to see her handing them a chocolate buscuit! This had been going on for some time. She also gave them mashed potatoes with butter! They lived till they were 9 years old. :lol: She has strict instructions NEVER to feed anything to my present buns unless i have authorized it. :lol:

It shouldn't harm him, I've known people who sometimes gave their bun a nibble of a chocolate biscuit as a naughty treat-he had so many health problems besides that, they felt it couldn't do much harm :)

Last xmas Tinkebell, Tiger & Tilly escaped from their pen in the bedroom and somehoe got into a large ferrero roche selection box and ate about half the box, and mostly the dark & milk chocolate ones wrappers and all!

After phonecalls to 2 different vets, both confirmed that they had never heard of chocolate poisoning in rabbits.

Needless to say they were all fine :lol:

naughty nibbles

My Old bunny Jacques would eat everything and anything, his fav naughty nibble was sour cream Pringles. He would also steal peas and gravy off our dinner plates, when we were not looking.

My Old bunny Jacques would eat everything and anything, his fav naughty nibble was sour cream Pringles. He would also steal peas and gravy off our dinner plates, when we were not looking.

My Bunsk stole a pea covered in chicken gravy off me on monday! :lol:

Back