• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Do you ever think you're being paranoid?

Pie

Warren Veteran
As title really.

Do you ever think that you are being paranoid about your rabbits health problem or if there is actually something wrong?

I ask this because I have another thread about the ongoing battle of Pie's stasis and about 15 mins ago she wee'd on the sofa (urine looked normal but something she never does) and started to hunch over and do her weird straining/heaving thing she does when in discomfort with stasis. She also wasnt interested in much food.
However now she just munched on a fenugreek crunchie and is nibbling bits of hay now and hopping around. Am thinking of giving her some Fibreplex anyway, just incase. But she looks normal now! :roll:

She has been so sick recently and I am making myself ill with worry. Does anyone else do this? what do you do to cope? Does rescue remedy help?

Thanks muchly :wave:

Hi Pie

Yes I do worry so much more now. Especially since Nancy passed away. I still keep thinking was the back room too cold, should I have kept the heating on all the time, what if I took her to a different vets. So many what ifs.

When I was in London my vets was a 2 minute walk from home. Also as I knew everyone who worked there and the vet for about 10 years, I could just pop in and ask for things like fibreplex etc. New vet would not give me fibreplex. Not using again. RU recommended a new really good savvy vets.

With Sunshine being 7 or 8 now, I worry about him because of his age. Even though he is happy and healthy. Checking his poos etc. I never used to worry before.

Guess I am also worrying more as I don't drive and now in a semi-rural area.

Actually wasn't that far from Bexleyheath. Got some mates there. Used to live in Catford.

I feel better now that I know of this great rabbit savvy vets.

I think it is natural for you to worry as Pie has been ill so anything new or something you haven't noticed will worry you, totally understandable. He is still a young man. If worried I have used fibreplex.
Sorry not more help on the health issues.

Take care x

Yeah, I think I might just be being paranoid sometimes... They're such subtle animals its so difficult to tell.

I hope Pie is okay... Me and Riley are still struggling this morning again so I feel for you, honestly. It's difficult having a bun that is prone to stasis. I need to figure out a way around it. If you come up with anything, let me know.

Best of luck. I really hope it is just your imagination but vibes for Pie anyway.

Well I did rush holly to the vets with a lump. It was her dewlap and some matted hair from when she dips her head in the bowl :oops: she also had me convinced she had bad kidneys cus she drank so much, oh and ofcourse the not eating special poops!

having a stasis bunny and one who died from an enlarged heart mixed with the horror stories of ru are plenty to cause para :lol:

yes Mae has unexplained weight loss, a history of dental issues, she sounds snuffly because of her face shape, has had bloat and I an constantly on edge worrying about her. Ive managed to convince myself she has a tumor, was going to die during her dental, that I should of PTS when she had bloat. Im also convinced they're going into stasis every single time they dont want to eat during the day :roll:

No. I've learnt that if something is telling me something is wrong with a bunny, then there is something wrong. I seem to know on an instinctive level (and follow that instinct) before I know consciously.

I have to trust that, and trust myself, because otherwise I can trust no one with them.

Keep an eye, but trust yourself. Chances are, you're right.

oh and Im convinced that they're going to go into stasis and die if I go away even over night because Mae got sick when in boarding :(

Yes definitely.

Benji's right eye was a bit swollen and pink yesterday and I just about had a coronary thinking it was myxi.

Then I noticed the tiny piece of hay stuck in the corner of the same eye:roll:

A little, more so at the moment. I'm very over protective.

Having had a panic before and it was just me stressing and then seeing him on Monday and I knew something wasn't right. He looked wrong, he was acting weird, it was all just wrong. Right now I'm slightly concerned about his hiding behind the blanket, but the second I get a pellet out he comes straight out, up on my lap and eats it.

Thanks for all that.
Donna - I thought you were talkign about me for a second there! (My name is Holly! :lol: )

I know that most time my instincts are correct as Sky-O said, but the other night I was up with her until 3am because I was convinced something was wrong (this was the night Blackberry, Ruby & Oscar went to the bridge so was thinking about them too). Turns out she just wanted me to leave her alone so she could sleep, and not because she was ill.

I have to force myself to get out of the house more to take my mind off things. I do feel very silly sometimes! :oops:

Thanks for all that.
Donna - I thought you were talkign about me for a second there! (My name is Holly! :lol: )

I know that most time my instincts are correct as Sky-O said, but the other night I was up with her until 3am because I was convinced something was wrong (this was the night Blackberry, Ruby & Oscar went to the bridge so was thinking about them too). Turns out she just wanted me to leave her alone so she could sleep, and not because she was ill.

I have to force myself to get out of the house more to take my mind off things. I do feel very silly sometimes! :oops:

Lol Lou at hopper haven suggested I get loads more rabbits to ease my para. She said with over 100 buns she don't have time to be worried lololololol

I felt such a fool when i got my first bunny:lol:

It was a rescue bunny, my neighbour had taken it in, very neglected (maggots in the bottom of her cage:censored:)

he was thin and bedraggled, patches of fur missing, I was told this is where the other male had tried unsuccesfully mounting and fighting, I was told it was a boy:shock:

anyway after a month with a bit of tlc and some proper food bunny started gaining weight....and I noticed a flabby bit under his chin....rushed him to the vets,thinking he had cancer, to be told it was a dewlap and was perfectly normal in girls:shock::oops:

Lol Lou at hopper haven suggested I get loads more rabbits to ease my para. She said with over 100 buns she don't have time to be worried lololololol

Please don't tell my OH this! He is already planning for a group of 4 and now want's to open a rescue or boarding :roll: Had to tell him 'no' quite firmly! :lol:

I felt such a fool when i got my first bunny:lol:

anyway after a month with a bit of tlc and some proper food bunny started gaining weight....and I noticed a flabby bit under his chin....rushed him to the vets,thinking he had cancer, to be told it was a dewlap and was perfectly normal in girls:shock::oops:

Don't worry I was calling it a dewdrop for 3 years.:oops::oops:

Sometimes.

But to be honest, so far, all my hunches have been right. I've never disregarded a symptom and have it turn out to be serious after all, and I've never taken an animal to the vet and been told there was nothing wrong - except twice when it turned out the vet was wrong!

Back