• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Blackberry's Memorial

Blackberry & Co

Wise Old Thumper
Blackie is laid to rest under the acer tree, which is right in the middle of the garden - he always loved being the centre of attention, so he should be happy there :)

It's also close to the aviary, so not far from his family.

We chose 3 slabs with rabbits to represent brothers Dandelion, Clover and daddy Buttercup, so they make a circle to protect him.

We also found a cheeky little bunny ornament to keep him company.

And there was just one tray of 'Blackberry Cream' violas just waiting for me at the garden centre. We have planted some between the slabs, so that they can spread and run wild, and some in a pot in the centre of the slabs.

He is buried near various guinea pigs, budgies and goldfish, so he is not alone. And the bird feeder is close by so there are always lots of birds hopping around.

BunniesBlackiesmemorialFeb2011014.jpg

BunniesBlackiesmemorialFeb2011015.jpg

BunniesBlackiesmemorialFeb2011016.jpg

:cry::cry::cry:

I love the idea of the violas with his name on them. I always feel the need to plant something that isn't poisonous to bunnies on their grave as it has to be the right plant. Unfortunately my bridge bunnies are all in a shaded place and I haven't quite found the right plant yet.

That memorial is lovely.

Back