• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Opinions on bonding a quad ... Calling all bonding experts!

youthnovels

Wise Old Thumper
:wave:

So I'm pondering about whether or not I'd be able to get my two couples into a quad. I'm not entirely sure whether it'll ever be possible though following on from when Archie and Leo had a fight around a year ago and Leo ended up partially castrated :(

It's not something I want to jump right into so I'm obviously going to think about it long and hard and get a lot of opinions!

Archie and Blanches bond is amazing, they love each other so much and are extremely tame and friendly.
Leo and Lois' on the other hand isn't as strong and six months on there is still a bit of fur pulling and humping every now and again, plus they're very skittish and wary of humans. :?

I'm a bit worried of breaking up bonds, especially Leo and Lois'.

What would peoples opinions be on this following on from such a serious fight?

I'm not in a position to run out and attempt this straight away, accommodation would need to be planned etc, it's purely just a thought at the moment :)

From what I remember, they didn't actually fight? Just Leo was a male (and no one knew) and he humped the wrong way round and Archie said 'no thanks' to that.

Quads are incredibly tricky, due to hierarchy issues, mainly. So if you do do it, put aside a good 2 weeks to stay with them through all their 'testing'.

Back