• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Islay & Jura - New Hutch!

happysaz133

Wise Old Thumper
At long last, their Freddie hutch came. It's not as nice as it looked on the website, and is way too small, but it will do as a base for them until I can get a decent one in the Summer and I can sell this thing!

It's major downside is the doors are tiny...I have to take the roof off to clean the litter tray, so I think I'll probably just keep the lid off as its heavy. Kind of defies the point of a snuggly base for them though :roll: It is solid though, should withstan and chewing or bunny bouncing!

Piccies, they seem to like it at least :D Love the little screwdriver! Very useful.

Cute little screwdriver! by Niseag, on Flickr

Before being built

Hutch before being built by Niseag, on Flickr

This was it half built, but I'll be taking this half of the roof off tomorrow

Islay & Jura's new hutch being built by Niseag, on Flickr

Seeing this pics make me realise I really need to paint the shed! It's on my to do list.

Islay & Jura's new hutch by Niseag, on Flickr

See the size of the doors? Will also make it a ****** to clean.

Already on top and trying to steal

I had to put the bottles and hay racks on the outside as they wouldn't fit inside!

Apple branch

New smells

Few more coming...

I am going to paint the walls white and the floor purple I think, as this looks awful! It is clean and dry though, just looks bad from when it was a keg store.

And I have a video uploading slowly...

It looks lovely and cosy for them, bit of a pain about the doors but i'm sure they'll be ok without the roof as they're indoors!

They are certainly having fun exploring it! I have a similar problem with a hutch that came free with a rabbit on gumtree. There is nowhere big enough for the litter tray without compromising on how much bedding I put in. It also has a narrow ledge running along beside the door because the down ramp takes up so much space. It's not been well thought out for keeping a rabbit the way we would like to!

I see you have the water bowl that refills from a bottle. Are they good? I have used my zoo plus points to get one. Can't wait!

They are certainly having fun exploring it! I have a similar problem with a hutch that came free with a rabbit on gumtree. There is nowhere big enough for the litter tray without compromising on how much bedding I put in. It also has a narrow ledge running along beside the door because the down ramp takes up so much space. It's not been well thought out for keeping a rabbit the way we would like to!

I see you have the water bowl that refills from a bottle. Are they good? I have used my zoo plus points to get one. Can't wait!

Yes its brilliant. Mine was from ebay, but they have them in P@H too. I have the larger one indoors for the cats. Only downside is if the girls have a hay party in the middle of the night the bowl bit fills up with hay.

But in case this does happen, they have water bottles too :)

That's a very pretty hutch...goegeoud stain colour...shame about the downsides. What size is it?

Islay and Jura seem to love it :D

It looks a good hutch and the girls seems to approve - they won't be doing the cleaning out via the tiny doors though! I love the idea of the girls having an all-night hay party. :lol:

It looks a good hutch and the girls seems to approve - they won't be doing the cleaning out via the tiny doors though! I love the idea of the girls having an all-night hay party. :lol:

Sounds fun doesn't it :lol: shame they don't clear up after themselves! :roll: :lol:

What happend to their old one? I thought it was brand new?! :shock:

Their big butts broke the floor :lol: It's my own fault for buying one of those cheap ones from ebay. Everyone warned me against it...and I didn't listen :p

But, just been given the go ahead for a 12 x 8ft shed...wooden, brand new and all for them. So this hutch will do them fine in there :D :D :D

Their big butts broke the floor :lol: It's my own fault for buying one of those cheap ones from ebay. Everyone warned me against it...and I didn't listen :p

But, just been given the go ahead for a 12 x 8ft shed...wooden, brand new and all for them. So this hutch will do them fine in there :D :D :D

That will be great! and very nice hutch :)

The lucky critters!!! :shock::shock::shock: Can I move in too please? :D

Can't believe they broke the floor though! :lol::lol::lol:

Wow, it looked a lovely size till I saw the buns/litter box in it!

Be careful who you sell it to, in case they shut buns in there all the time?

I love pics of this cheeky pair though!

Back