• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Guilty of a little negect?

Lops

Mama Doe
Hi, :wave:

Because of all the 'stuff' that I have had to deal with already this year, I feel I've neglected my lovely bunnies lately :cry:
I've looked after them obviously,- but I dont feel I've given them much love and attention!
So today after work I had them all out in the garden for 2 hours whilst I cleaned their homes and gave them a general checkover....My bunnies are not usually cuddle buns, and, the boys just couldn't care less really :roll:
but my girlies today (especially Cilla) snuggled and stayed really still when I stroked them :love:
I think they picked up on something that the boys couldn't see.....I think they knew?? :love:

Last edited:
Im sure they do pick up on things... Ive been a bit down lately and Sadie my normally independant dont want cuddles girl.. cant get enough of me at the moment.... kisses , nose rubs etc... I feel very honoured!!!!

I think you should replace 'a little neglect' with 'a teeny, tiny little speck of neglect'. All the stories on here of truly neglected buns make feeding them and keeping them clean look like luxury. Everyone has times where they feel they struggle keeping everything together. The fact that you have noticed the rabbits have had a bit less attention than usual means they will get love and snuggled to make up for it now. :wave:

Oh I think they do pick up on things, I cant stroke my boy when I'm really stressed, as he bites me! Not like he can tell from my voice either as he's deaf... They know somehow.

I think we've all felt lke this from time to time, i know when it was that minus 15 weather and snow before and over xmas/new year that i spent probably 5 minutes twice a day with mine max, it was just sooooo unbearably cold and miserable (not to mention dark) but like aliduncan1 says the fact we keep them fed, watered and clean in decent accommodation is a hell of a lot more than alot of buns get so don't be too hard on yourself.

Sounds like they enjoyed their 2 hour free ranging and always nice when you get snuggles from a normally aloof bun :lol:

I don't think you're neglecting them at all. I'm sure they're happy enough because they do have each other's company. I know they love your company too, but they will be ok if you have other stuff going on sometimes and can't spend a lot of time with them, they need less attention than dogs for example I guess, but you obviously care about them a lot. :)

You've certainly had a tough time lately, sounds like they have been well looked after and glad you all enjoyed this afternoon. :wave:

Back