• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Do you sometimes forget?

BinkyBun

Wise Old Thumper
My buns are housebuns and I have to say sometimes I find myself forgetting they are bunnies. Especially with Darcy. He will be lying on top of me on the sofa for a fuss or investigating everything with is nose and I'll be chatting with him and then I'll spot his huge back paws and remember "oh you're a wabbit". Its like I just see their personalities. :oops:

I don't really forget but I do find myself talking to them, then realise my neighbours are in their garden and probably think I'm crazy! I dunno why I talk to them, it's usually silly things like "Hi Lily, do you have food, I'll get you water now, you're so cute, are you enjoying your hay?" :roll: :lol:

I rang my OH by accident today while my phone was in my pocket, he had a 3 minute voicemail of me talking to the 'babies' and asking them if they have had a good day! :shock: So yes I forget they are buns and I just see them as the characters they are x

i know what you mean, i talk to the pets all the time. o/h talks to them aswell, but not really in the same baby talk cringing way that i do! :oops:

i think maybe worry when they start talking back to you! :lol:

I know completely what you mean Romy - I'm sure people would think I'm mad at the 'conversations' I have with ours!! :oops: Or if they heard me singing to them! :oops:

Especially with Noah, as I swear he knows exactly what I'm thinking & saying - some days I even convince myself he's trying to talk back to me in his own 'wabbity' way :oops:

Phew!! I'm so glad I'm not on my own with this. I do chat away with them and I even reply for them:oops: I love their little personalities and attitudes its so easy to forget...:love:

They have massive personalities- they are little people. Like yesterday, when I was proudly telling OH that Mango comes running whenever I called her now, and she chose to completely ignore me instead :lol::lol:

They have massive personalities- they are little people. Like yesterday, when I was proudly telling OH that Mango comes running whenever I called her now, and she chose to completely ignore me instead :lol::lol:

Typical:lol::lol::lol:

My buns are housebuns and I have to say sometimes I find myself forgetting they are bunnies. Especially with Darcy. He will be lying on top of me on the sofa for a fuss or investigating everything with is nose and I'll be chatting with him and then I'll spot his huge back paws and remember "oh you're a wabbit". Its like I just see their personalities. :oops:

I definetely know the feeling. When a bunny's half asleep on my lap I often think that it might be a warm pillow and start stroking it absentmindedly, until the bunny jerks awake when I hit a soft spot and I nearly jump out of my skin thinking ''the pillow's alive!''

i talk to them too :) its not wierd. its part of bonding, even though you're talking another language its the message that gets through.

yeah mine don't act like the typical rabbit. they are so sweet and friendly and i love how they follow you around and jump up on the couch to say hi.

i talk to all my pets. even my fish. when my goldfish are begging for food i find myself saying 'hold on, i'm coming!' and then i'm like 'wait...can they hear me?' :lol:

Sometimes when I'm comfy and I want a drink or something, I'll think, oh I'll just get Salem to get me one while he's up. Then I'll remember he's a cat. :lol:

Sometimes when I'm comfy and I want a drink or something, I'll think, oh I'll just get Salem to get me one while he's up. Then I'll remember he's a cat. :lol:

:lol:

When anything scary happens on tv I always say to Beatrix "its okay Darcy will keep us safe":oops::lol:

They have massive personalities- they are little people. Like yesterday, when I was proudly telling OH that Mango comes running whenever I called her now, and she chose to completely ignore me instead

Thats what I call them too, my O/H thinks I am mad and keeps saying they are RABBITS - but then i catch him talking to them like they are babies!!

They have massive personalities- they are little people. Like yesterday, when I was proudly telling OH that Mango comes running whenever I called her now, and she chose to completely ignore me instead

Thats what I call them too, my O/H thinks I am mad and keeps saying they are RABBITS - but then i catch him talking to them like they are babies!!

:lol: but they are our babies!:love:

Back