• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

How often do you give dried treats?

TeflonsShadow

Wise Old Thumper
Like dried danelions, blackberry leaves, carrot tops etc.....? Either bought, or from a shop (Naturals sell lots of variety, a few others do too).

i give some everyday. usually alternate them each day... i get the coneflower and coltsfoot from hayexperts and then a variety from galens garden. :)

Ah, thats ok then. I give my babies something everyday as they dont get to go outside very often. I have started picking things from my mums garden and drying them myself, dandelion leaves, grass and blackberry leaves from Alices, plus carrot tops from my grandma who grows them herself.

I actually have a wee bowl that always has something dried on offer...... sometimes I hide pellets in it too :)

Normally every 2-3 days but not a lot recently cos I haven't been able to get hold of the Burns stuff but I have five bags on order so hopefully I'll be able to go pick them up soon.

I've got about 10 different types of dried leaves (not the dried fruits/carrots) from the Hay Experts and I have them all mixed together in a tub and I give a small quantity daily :)

I wouldn't feed dried carrot tops daily, they are very high in calcium so should only be a treat :)

I've got about 10 different types of dried leaves (not the dried fruits/carrots) from the Hay Experts and I have them all mixed together in a tub and I give a small quantity daily :)

I wouldn't feed dried carrot tops daily, they are very high in calcium so should only be a treat :)

I dont give carrot tops daily as I only have a few :)

yup. as soon as i get up in a morning, they're both going mad for their leaves:) buys me a bit of time to have a cuppa before i have to prepare the veggies;)

yup. as soon as i get up in a morning, they're both going mad for their leaves:) buys me a bit of time to have a cuppa before i have to prepare the veggies;)

I give my guys their leaves in the evening, when we are having dinner, so we can try and eat our dinner in peace! :eek:

Every day - they get the burns meadow herby mix or plantain, i mix it in to their hay to encourage them to eat it. They also get a fenugreek crunchie or 3 each day although they are now on rations due to Joejoes diet.

Yep, I have a wide variety of dried herbs and feed every day, either mixed in hay or just in a bowl :)

:wave: everyday, they have it mixed on with their pellets to encourage them to eat it (though i kinda know they dont need encouragement :roll: but the pellets look so boring, i like their bowles to look colourful :oops:)

xx

Back