• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

There is nothing more I can do :(

CharlotteMc

Mama Doe
just got back from my friends house who keeps a gorgeous red nethie cross in a timy 3ft hutch. The bedding has not been cleaned our for weeks. The worst thing was its nails ! They were curling back into its feet. I had a talk with her and she made it clear to me that she was not paying expensive vet bills on a rabbit ! How ever she did agree to let me come round again this week to trim its nails for free and to give his hutch a good clean out. She has also agreed to get it a new cage but is only getting it a 3ft double :( I suppose its a little better. I have tried my best tho :(

Unfortunately you cant do much more than this BUT think how much more comfortable the bunny will be when you do his nails - he will be SO thankful, and infinitely more comfortable - so even if your friend is not grateful, at least the bunny will be. And who knows, seeing you do it for him, may make her think a little more. Would you be prepared to do that on a regular basis at all? Or show her how to do it safely?

At least he is getting a better hutch - which while FAR from ideal :cry: - is an improvement at least and will be better than him being cooped up in 3 ft space. I wonder if you could go on the internet with her and find a cheaper option on Ebay that is bigger?? Or send her a link to something better? Maybe a nudge in the right direction would help?

Perhaps if there are any rescue open days coming up in your area in the next few months or the summer you could see if she would go with you and then she might pick up some hints?

You can only try your best and by going round and mucking him out and doing his nails you are doing the bunny a massive favour - not her.

I hope your help is appreciated.

I am sure that the little bunny will feel alot better after some of your tlc.

At least this way the bunny gets much needed care and attention.

Well done. You are making a difference to a little bunny's life.:):)

ive had to take over the cleaning out of the wilde X bunnies at stes moms house because she has been ill we think shes reacting to somehow mixing bunnies and birds cleanouts and has buggered her immune system and the other useless people who live in her house are quite happy to fake care and let the buns suffer :roll:

on a tuesday now we do the animals after work and i love being with the bunnies :love: :love:

im sick to death of telling them hay hay hay and fill the ******* water bottles, so i worried her the other day and said the poops aint right (lol they was ok just dark) so she now checks water and hay daily while her useless hubby takes care of feeding greens and pellets, a job he enjoys :roll: she has also agreed once the cold weather has gone she will ensure the pellets are cut down to a minimum but not right now while its sooooo cold

you can only do so much hun, but hands on seems to guilt people into caring, so i reakon if you turn up on her doorstep every week for a proper clean out she will soon get the hint to care a little more..

as i left tonight i said to stes sis... i cleaned your rabbits for you, but she dont give a toss and started whinging that she didnt want outside rabbits.. whatever love :evil:

Back