• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Can things get any worse? U/D PICTURES p16

Starlight

Warren Veteran
I have Bo recovering, needing my care.
I am frantically trying to find fundraising ideas to pay off her £700 bill.
6 bunnies staying in my room due to the 5 strays who were not meant to be staying.

And now...

I went out at 2:30pm for an orthodontist appointment in Romford, I got back at about 4:50pm to find a cardboard carrier and a bag of hay in my porch :shock: :(

I knocked on my neighbour who saw no one in a car, but did hear mens voices.
She didn't, however, look out as she assumed it was my brothers friends/brother and friends having a cigarette.

I have opened the box to find two bunnies in the carrier. In the carrier, is a shoe box to seperate them from each other :?

One is a harliquin, palm sized, couldn't be more than 4 weeks. :cry:

And what looks like a dutch x lop who I would put at 7-8 weeks tops.

I give up. Why me? :cry:

Last edited:
Because you have a good heart and tried to make a difference.

I'm so sorry people are taking advantage of you though.

I wish I could help, but I'm full to bursting.

Oh no kris this is the last thing you need! How are these people getting your address!
Maybe ring the RSPCA and say you have had them dumped on you had have nowhere to put them?

I have Bo recovering, needing my care.
I am frantically trying to find fundraising ideas to pay off her £700 bill.
6 bunnies staying in my room due to the 5 strays who were not meant to be staying.

And now...

I went out at 2:30pm for an orthodontist appointment in Romford, I got back at about 4:50pm to find a cardboard carrier and a bag of hay in my porch :shock: :(

I knocked on my neighbour who saw no one in a car, but did hear mens voices.
She didn't, however, look out as she assumed it was my brothers friends/brother and friends having a cigarette.

I have opened the box to find two bunnies in the carrier. In the carrier, is a shoe box to seperate them from each other :?

One is a harliquin, palm sized, couldn't be more than 4 weeks. :cry:

And what looks like a dutch x lop who I would put at 7-8 weeks tops.

I give up. Why me? :cry:
ohhh hun this is mad:cry:

are you having to hand rear these?
thats horrendous!

Oh no! poor babies and poor you! :(
Some people are just :censored: :censored:
grrr!!!!!
Good luck! It is happening to you because you are one of the small amount of lovely people who are kind and amazing enough to help :D

Oh dear poor bunnies.
BUT poor you.:shock:
You must be at breaking point with the pressure of trying to care for these lovely creatures.
There is just no end to the number of rabbits needing homes and being dumped.:evil:
Trying to care for so many can sometimes take the pleasure out of looking after them at all.:(
I hope you can manage.

Oh dear Kris, it never rains but it pours doesn't it!

Although your website makes clear that you're closed, just a quick google of 'rabbit rescue dagenham' brings up absolutely loads of references to starlights rabbit rescue and the location. They don't give the number, but it's not hard to work out.

As you are already overflowing and presumably running/run out of accommodation, I would do as Lou suggested, which is to act as if you were any other member of the public who has had rabbits dumped on them and see if you can find an operating rescue who will take them.

I'd then suggest doing an absolute 100% purge on your web presence as a rescue, as it's just too easy at the moment for people to find you. There's still a listing in the business directory, and via your vets, for example. As long as you still have a web presence as a rescue and people can find you, this is pretty inevitably going to carry on. I'd even include your own website in this for now at least - if all your hutches/cages are full of rescue buns, then you can't do any boarding in any case!

Hope you manage to get something sorted for these two x

I have just got off the phone with the RSPCA.
They have logged it and I should get a phonecall from the person who does all the call sorting determing what they believe they can do for me as the next course of action.

They are both in good health in appearance, but they were both shaking from the cold :cry:

Yes, Alison, that was to be my weekend job! Me and o/h together are going to try and get every trace of "rescue" off the internet and listings. And change, where possible, the wording to just boarding.

I'll put a foster request on FB in case the RSPCA can't help for a little while.

I have just got off the phone with the RSPCA.
They have logged it and I should get a phonecall from the person who does all the call sorting determing what they believe they can do for me as the next course of action.

They are both in good health in appearance, but they were both shaking from the cold :cry:

Yes, Alison, that was to be my weekend job! Me and o/h together are going to try and get every trace of "rescue" off the internet and listings. And change, where possible, the wording to just boarding.

I'll put a foster request on FB in case the RSPCA can't help for a little while.

Hope the RSPCA can help! You don't want fosters you want someone to take them!

I would remove all traces of the rescue, it looks unlikely you'll have space for boarders for a while so why not concentrate on getting rid of anything linking your adress to rabbits then sort out a boarding website later in the year.
I just googled you an with info avalible easily found your adress :(

Wish I could help but Oliver has done his back in so can't drive, and I have only ever hand reared a guinea pig and two human babies!

Good luck, and I will PM you soon about silly Buuren (Raisin).:love:

Hope the RSPCA can help! You don't want fosters you want someone to take them!

I would remove all traces of the rescue, it looks unlikely you'll have space for boarders for a while so why not concentrate on getting rid of anything linking your adress to rabbits then sort out a boarding website later in the year.
I just googled you an with info avalible easily found your adress :(

Did you find the house number at all? :( :shock:

No other rescue has space at all :( Not in the Essex/London/Surrey/Kent area, anyway.

I'll be googling and removing as I find over the weekend.
Will pm you when I am done, to see if you can find any trace I have missed if that is okay with you?

How they were dumped:

doorstepbuns001.jpg

Little black bunny- Named Violet by next doors daughter :lol:

doorstepbuns005.jpg

I have noticed a little fur loss near the eye, at the back of her eye, not at the tear duct.

And the very young little girl. Named Faith by next door neighbour as she started nibbling her gold crucifix necklace!

To show size, I have my hand in one photo, and a DVD sized case in another.

doorstepbuns008.jpg

doorstepbuns014.jpg

How they were dumped:

doorstepbuns001.jpg

Little black bunny- Named Violet by next doors daughter :lol:

doorstepbuns005.jpg

I have noticed a little fur loss near the eye, at the back of her eye, not at the tear duct.

And the very young little girl. Named Faith by next door neighbour as she started nibbling her gold crucifix necklace!

To show size, I have my hand in one photo, and a DVD sized case in another.

doorstepbuns008.jpg

doorstepbuns014.jpg

Oh gosh that's tiny :(

If you know someones name and road there are directory websites you can look up the full address on. Course I'll help. Will see if there is anyway I can help with these two as well.

Those poor bunnies and poor you. They are both gorgeous but faith is :love::love::love: If only I had my two boarding with you sooner than September- you could have slipped her in with them, she would fit right in! x

Oh gosh that's tiny :(

If you know someones name and road there are directory websites you can look up the full address on. Course I'll help. Will see if there is anyway I can help with these two as well.

If you see her, you would want her.
She made next door, Garys' face, light up like a little child, smiling :shock:

Oh poo, didn't think of directory's :?

Thank you.
As much as I love rescuing/the rescue, I need a loong break! I am so stressed right now.
At least 5 years break I would say :roll:

Back