• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Hay in the washing machiene?

Ambience

Warren Veteran
Can you ever get it all out- does it make all the rest of the households clothes be covered in hay? I just noticed there was loads in the drum after washing.

I always wash the buns stuff in an old pillowcase or special draw string bag I bought so they hay is contained in there.

I have a phobia about it breaking the washing machine otherwise.

When it's stuck on socks I can never get it all out properly! I wash the buns things separate and have to pick all the socks before they go in :cry:

I always wash the buns stuff in an old pillowcase or special draw string bag I bought so they hay is contained in there.

I have a phobia about it breaking the washing machine otherwise.

My other half is going to go crazy- i don't normally do it and we only just got a new washer last week - opps!

Be careful, mine blew up last week due to hay intake, spent the weekend at my parents begging for use of theirs!

Thanks - going to use pillows instead. The washer already isn't the best replacement in my view. Did you wash much stuff with hay on?

I make sure I give everything with hay on a good shake before it goes into the machine.

You do get bits of hay remaining in the washer, but that tends to take only one cycle to clear, and I just delay washing anything black/dark until I've done a couple of light loads such as bedding and towels.

Me and Liz seem to be the only people on here who have washers that can cope with bunny bedding..which is funny seeing as though I bought the cheapest one in the shop! :lol:

I try to avoid getting hay in as much as I can, but the odd bit always ends up in there.

Check your manual to see if your model has some kind of trap/filter that you can clean out and if so clean it out regularly.

Sorry no advice on how to get it out but when I wash the rabbits blankets hay gets stuck in the machine even after shaking the blankets out!!!

As well as hay I don't think anyone in the house has a pair of black trousers which are not covered in white bunny hair!

I make sure I give everything with hay on a good shake before it goes into the machine.

You do get bits of hay remaining in the washer, but that tends to take only one cycle to clear, and I just delay washing anything black/dark until I've done a couple of light loads such as bedding and towels.

Me and Liz seem to be the only people on here who have washers that can cope with bunny bedding..which is funny seeing as though I bought the cheapest one in the shop! :lol:

Which one do you have- this is just a beko 7kg- it is cheap too apparantely?

Thanks - going to use pillows instead. The washer already isn't the best replacement in my view. Did you wash much stuff with hay on?

Mainly their blankets, twice a week i think a conbination of hair and hay caused the problem, so think the pillows would be a good idea.

My washing machine seems to be completely dead:( so I am having to do hand washing and use friends' machines. I have a feeling it is due to hay and bunny and cat fur, athough I have tried to be careful:(

I can't afford another machine so am looking into renting one. Will have to try and wash animal bedding in pillowcases as suggested on here or I will find they won't repair a rental one.

Which one do you have- this is just a beko 7kg- it is cheap too apparantely?

I've got the cheapest Indesit model. I very much doubt that they make the exact model any more because we've had it nearly 5 years.

If you're concerned about hay in the machine...what about getting a second one installed in an outbuilding if you've got the water supply and drainage?

Back