• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Ive just realised something that is very sad

shadow05

Mama Doe
ive only noticed that recently scooter has stopped binkying. i never see him do it anymore. even when i let him out for a run around he doesnt do it. :(

he use to do it all the time when he was in his old cage and that was smaller.
:(

ive broke my bunny:shock::(.

no it could be many things, i have noticed that my bunnies binky less when they are older and that also some bunnies binky more than others, mine have free range of the garden and hardly ever binky but spring time they do and if we visit mum they do also if they have had to be stuck in due to work or weather then arthur will often do a few mad circuits and binky i think its jsut the fact they are contented and happy but not excitetd by the space so much as they get older and more used to it, spring often brings binkys and humping!!!! x

obviously if this is a sudden change look at factors that might affect him does he have a safe place to hide should he want, are there new smells or things that may be scary? has he lost a partner or needs a partner, is he older, could there be a health reason x

My bun has stopped too :( he still dashes around like a mad thing when excited, and I get kicks in the air when he does that, but not proper binkies :(

I think its because he was so happy that he got some freedom when I got him, but now hes used to it and it isnt as exciting. He also got carrots every day back then so couldve been the sugar...

It is sad isnt it :( I'm hoping a new friend will help my Barney binky, and from July onwards he will have run of an entire flat. If these dont work I dont know what I'll do.

My bun has stopped too :( he still dashes around like a mad thing when excited, and I get kicks in the air when he does that, but not proper binkies :(

I think its because he was so happy that he got some freedom when I got him, but now hes used to it and it isnt as exciting. He also got carrots every day back then so couldve been the sugar...

It is sad isnt it :( I'm hoping a new friend will help my Barney binky, and from July onwards he will have run of an entire flat. If these dont work I dont know what I'll do.

That may well be true. We have 2 parts to our garden, the grass area that you get to from one door and where Louie goes to the most. The other part is a balcony, accessible from another door. Whenever Louie goes on the balcony, although it's smaller, he does loads of binky's I suppose cos he doesn't go out there very often!

I think its because he was so happy that he got some freedom when I got him, but now hes used to it and it isnt as exciting.

I think this too. :thumb:

Alfie and Bubbles both binkies non-stop when I first brought them home and let them out in the garden - it was probably the first time on grass for both of them.

Alfie also went absolutely binky crazy when he went in the garden for the first time after being confined on cage rest indoors for 6 wks.

Apart from that, neither of them binky very much any more - I don't think it's because they're unhappy, just that they take their freedom more for granted.

Mine have reduced the amount of binkying as they've got older - but they still do it. They just make you watch them more closely to see if they do!:lol::lol::lol:

I thought Rimmi had stopped binkying..... hes a house bun you see. But, after a few late nights, I realised that his 'binky routine' had changed..... they both awaken at about 3 or 4ish am and start munching about, sniffing around and then Rimmi has a bit of a binky (on the sofa!) and then gives his woman some.... manly attention! I was shocked! :eek:

Ps, Rimmi has also got EXTREEMLY lazy with his binkys..... all he does is shake his head and hop a bit.... no where near as extreem as Winters mad dashes around the room combined with hops, head shakes and heel kicking!! :lol:

My bunnies don't binky much (if at all :() and I think it is because they get a lot of free range time and take it for granted. They are all very happy though but just very spoilt :lol:

My bunnies don't binky much (if at all :() and I think it is because they get a lot of free range time and take it for granted. They are all very happy though but just very spoilt :lol:

My outdoor buns were like this.... they would binky (that I saw) very rarely..... like one the first truely warm day in spring! Lol :p

its a bit weird cause hes only a year old and until he was neutered and given a bigger home did he start to change i dont know if the attitude im getting now will stay like it is.

hes started chewing at the bars when hes in the cage, he does the same if i sit in the cage with him. if i take him out he does the same every so often after a little exploring. i cant rap my head around it.

he doesnt get that much time out at the moment but its gradly getting longer. he can now jump on my bed which is a really good feat for him :lol:.
i had to put him back eventually he was getting into dangerous places. but he enjoyed himself but still no binkys. :(

so i think by getting him neutered that i broke him. :(

it was worth it him having him done in some ways but i do sort of miss the old scooter a bit. :(

its a bit weird cause hes only a year old and until he was neutered and given a bigger home did he start to change i dont know if the attitude im getting now will stay like it is.

hes started chewing at the bars when hes in the cage, he does the same if i sit in the cage with him. if i take him out he does the same every so often after a little exploring. i cant rap my head around it.

he doesnt get that much time out at the moment but its gradly getting longer. he can now jump on my bed which is a really good feat for him :lol:.
i had to put him back eventually he was getting into dangerous places. but he enjoyed himself but still no binkys. :(

so i think by getting him neutered that i broke him. :(

it was worth it him having him done in some ways but i do sort of miss the old scooter a bit. :(

When Winter didnt live with me (she was in a foster home before she came to me) she knew that she wasnt allowed on her foster mums bed .... so every time she sneaked onto there, she used to have a binky fit and pee everywhere while doing so (which is why she was banned from the bed in the first place!)!!

Shes a monkey!

Some buns are fussy, he might binky when he gets to go outside and play or something? Sometimes it happens when we arent looking.

When Winter didnt live with me (she was in a foster home before she came to me) she knew that she wasnt allowed on her foster mums bed .... so every time she sneaked onto there, she used to have a binky fit and pee everywhere while doing so (which is why she was banned from the bed in the first place!)!!

Shes a monkey!

Some buns are fussy, he might binky when he gets to go outside and play or something? Sometimes it happens when we arent looking.

i suppose he could be doing it while im asleep ive gotten pretty use to him now that i dont need ear plugs now :lol:.

he use to binky when he was being told off but doesnt now. im glad hes stopped spraying at least. ive just remebered he doesnt really make any sounds either anymore he use to make them all the time when playing or when i was sat with him.

i wonder if he just needs a friend?

i suppose he could be doing it while im asleep ive gotten pretty use to him now that i dont need ear plugs now :lol:.

he use to binky when he was being told off but doesnt now. im glad hes stopped spraying at least. ive just remebered he doesnt really make any sounds either anymore he use to make them all the time when playing or when i was sat with him.

i wonder if he just needs a friend?

you've mentioned on numerous threads that he has changed and this and that and every time you go back to saying 'does he need a friend'. hun if thats what you want to do then do it, as long as you can afford the money and can put in the time.
i really dont want this to sound harsh i know you are trying to do the best by scooter but people have been giving you advice, saying to wait but you keep coming back to wanting to get him a friend.
what if you have 2 buns that act out?? trust me it can happen my 2 can be a nightmare :roll:

:wave: xx

you've mentioned on numerous threads that he has changed and this and that and every time you go back to saying 'does he need a friend'. hun if thats what you want to do then do it, as long as you can afford the money and can put in the time.
i really dont want this to sound harsh i know you are trying to do the best by scooter but people have been giving you advice, saying to wait but you keep coming back to wanting to get him a friend.
what if you have 2 buns that act out?? trust me it can happen my 2 can be a nightmare :roll:

:wave: xx

My two have developed a taste for waking me up at 4/5/6am :roll::roll: They come in the room and rustle around, or Winter will start 'skirting' about, her claws are very noisy on the wooden floor! :?

Hmm the stopping binkies coincided with my boy's neuter too. But then I think it is because he is generally more calm now, as is scooter by the sound of it.

SO youre saying he chews the bars when he has the option to run around the room? Sounds like the behaviour has become addictive. It happens a lot with animals (and humans) when they find themselves bored or stressed they develop habits which are hard to break. For instance, bar chewing, weaving, nodding, pacing around restlessly.

I think this may be a habit that scooter developed from when he was in the 5x2 pen and smaller ones with no time out of it. I think as you increase his free-range time (hopefully to all day?) it should lessen eventually but it may take a while as he may be doing it now to satisfy the addiction.

For example: I used to have a few habits when I was a kid, I wasn't a very happy child but bottled it all up and it manifested itself with an obsession with germs/cleanliness and some habits. With one I'd put my hand against my nose and mouth so all I could smell was my own smell. It was a comfort thing. Even though now I dont live with my parents I still find myself doing it occasionally, even when I am not unhappy. What was first caused by something is now just an addiction. Sorry if I'm not explaining it well....

My two have developed a taste for waking me up at 4/5/6am :roll::roll: They come in the room and rustle around, or Winter will start 'skirting' about, her claws are very noisy on the wooden floor! :?

nightmare :? i can tell you now if bella ever thinks about doing this she will be in big trouble.... im talking no feugreek crunchies for a week!!!!!

:lol:

xx

nightmare :? i can tell you now if bella ever thinks about doing this she will be in big trouble.... im talking no feugreek crunchies for a week!!!!!

:lol:

xx

To get peace, I end up giving them some treat hay or some treaties..... so I can have a bit longer in bed! Nothing else works and I dont want to shut them away.... :? I might have to start wearing ear plugs again! :eek: but the ear plugs wont stop me feeling them digging my legs! :lol:

Back