• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Caecotrophs

*lily*

Wise Old Thumper
Why do they sometimes not all get eaten? I just found a little clump, fully formed, sitting on the mat :?

Dental issues (possibly), poor diet (i know this isnt the case in Louie :wave:), being overweight an unable to reach to eat them, or some abx can cause it (dont know if Louie is on any medication?)

Or in Ginger's case, occasionally dropped out of mouth and not interested any more in one thats gone 'cold' :mrgreen:

Thats regurgitated information.

Dental issues (possibly), poor diet (i know this isnt the case in Louie :wave:), being overweight an unable to reach to eat them, or some abx can cause it (dont know if Louie is on any medication?)

Or in Ginger's case, occasionally dropped out of mouth and not interested any more in one thats gone 'cold' :mrgreen:

Thats regurgitated information.

No he's not on any medication, not overweight, no teeth issues as far as I know :?

I nearly found out if they were "cold" as I very nearly skidded on them :shock:

No he's not on any medication, not overweight, no teeth issues as far as I know :?

I nearly found out if they were "cold" as I very nearly skidded on them :shock:

I dont think, apart from during being unwell, either of mine have ever had any 'spares' as such.

Squished in Caecs in carpet are fun to get out :lol: I know!

Hope Louie is okay Lily :wave:

my vet says they can produce some 'unformed' caecs, which they leave as they smell and taste different, usually from medication, although not always, could be the reasons already said, or a dodgy bit of food. only a problem if the keep leaving lots of them. :)

It was perfectly formed :?

I just asked him why he left it, but he didn't answer me cos he was eating his hay :roll:

once in a blue moon I find one, is usually as Graham said that it's gone cold and they don't fancy that one urgh

If there was more and more being left I would contact vet, but just an odd one could just be, he has eaten a bit too much of something rich, maybe a certain herb in his forage.

once in a blue moon I find one, is usually as Graham said that it's gone cold and they don't fancy that one urgh

If there was more and more being left I would contact vet, but just an odd one could just be, he has eaten a bit too much of something rich, maybe a certain herb in his forage.

Hmmmmm, just the one atm. He has been out in the garden all morning and has discovered that the lavender bush has now got some tasty new growth on it :roll:

Hmmmmm, just the one atm. He has been out in the garden all morning and has discovered that the lavender bush has now got some tasty new growth on it :roll:

Could just be that, Bobby can't have more than one dandelion leaf otherwise she leaves hers

I ocassionaly find the odd clump, sometimes when the bun is too busy doing something else they won't reach down to eat it so just leave it :oops:

Ah.. how lovely!!! Shows hes fine!!!
p.s. I didnt need to wash my jeans after kneeling in it.... the dog licked it off before i could say boo!!!!:shock::shock:

:shock::mrgreen:

I hate it when Louie is eating them fresh from the botty, especially when I'm eating my dinner :shock:

:shock::mrgreen:

I hate it when Louie is eating them fresh from the botty, especially when I'm eating my dinner :shock:

:lol::lol:
That wouldnt bother me...
I think Ive found my forte in life.... poo!!!
Im either picking bunny poos up... dog poo.. cleaning the cats litter tray... or picking horse poo up... all with hands!!! inspecting it all along the way:lol::lol:
My o/h is horrified if he takes the dog out and on his return i ask the details of his poo!!!! (the dogs) :lol: I think I may need counselling..... AUNTY LILY......

Back