• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

10x12 Shed- what setup can i have?

Ambience

Warren Veteran
What would be the best setup i can have in a 10x12 shed for rescue.I also have access to fields to let the buns out to grass.

I was going to go bigger, but i can't afford it with the setup- which is about £399.00 So I'm going to have to sacrifice space unless i can think of a better way to arrange things or get someone in to build the shed.

I would rather have it built with the company- then if there are any problems the warranty is not invalid etc.

Any ideas on the best setup i could do in a 10x12?
Thanks again.

can you explain that to me abit better- sorry i'm confused- 6x5 hutch?

As Jess has said below. Divider to split the shed in half. Forget putting a hutch inside, just have the 'shed' and a small hide away inside as a 'bolt hole' if you will. Then have a catflap or soemthing attached into each 'divided area' to an attached run?

Sorry if i confused you, i was trying to keep it simple, and blatently failed :lol:

As Jess has said below. Divider to split the shed in half. Forget putting a hutch inside, just have the 'shed' and a small hide away inside as a 'bolt hole' if you will. Then have a catflap or soemthing attached into each 'divided area' to an attached run?

Sorry if i confused you, i was trying to keep it simple, and blatently failed :lol:

This ^^^ :D

I can't remember who it was or where but I once saw a lady had a large shed I think it was 10ft x 16ft and it had stable like enclosures inside of it and she used it for rabbits. I can't remember if she boarded or rescued or both :s

But if you could make lil' stable area's inside the shed that would be nice :)

A good example of how to do it would be by looking at Jack-Jane's thread:
http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/showthread.php?t=271659

How about a 4x10 across the back and two 8 x4 up each side. That would leave you a 2 x 8 gap up the middle to access them all easily. You would have one 40 sq ft and two 32 sq ft spaces.

Personally i wouldnt spend 400 quid on one shed, look out on ebay for a second hand one and then you have more money to spend on vets bills (vaccinations, neutures, panacurs etc)

Have you got a quarantine space? if any bunnies come in with virals?

I can't remember who it was or where but I once saw a lady had a large shed I think it was 10ft x 16ft and it had stable like enclosures inside of it and she used it for rabbits. I can't remember if she boarded or rescued or both :s

I have a feeling it was ShazzaBunny but I can't find the thread either. It was a very old thread.

We have an 8 x 10 shed and have used every spare inch by building upwards. We have also built a 2 tier run on the outside too

It means that we can have a pair of buns both up and down but if we were running a rescue we would give them less space and could have more buns.

I have included a couple of links below, the outside pic is just before the run was complete. OUr buns are really happy and we designed it to make it easy access for cleaning as there are doors and links all the way through. The outside run is completely closed off and safe from predetors too. I hope you like it and it gives you some ideas

http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/showthread.php?t=210429&highlight=bungle+palace

http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/showthread.php?t=204109&highlight=bungle+palace

Thanks everyone- i have about £700.00 to get it fitted and i don't want to have to do any DIY. I really would like to be able to accommodate as many rabbits as possible as i will be helping with emergency cases from the vets and any other desperate situations. As i don't drive i can't pick a shed up unfortunately.

I'd love to just pick up the phone to someone- say- come lay me a shed and pay £700- job done, then i could start kitting out with enclosures and indoor bases.

It does make more sense to utilize the space upwards aswell. Thankyou for all the lovely ideas. I am still abit lost though as to what to choose.

We have an 8 x 10 shed and have used every spare inch by building upwards. We have also built a 2 tier run on the outside too

It means that we can have a pair of buns both up and down but if we were running a rescue we would give them less space and could have more buns.

I have included a couple of links below, the outside pic is just before the run was complete. OUr buns are really happy and we designed it to make it easy access for cleaning as there are doors and links all the way through. The outside run is completely closed off and safe from predetors too. I hope you like it and it gives you some ideas

http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/showthread.php?t=210429&highlight=bungle+palace

http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/showthread.php?t=204109&highlight=bungle+palace

This is amazing by the way :)

Back