• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

esme's ok :)

poppymoon

Wise Old Thumper
thank you sooo much to whoever looks over us agnostic people:) i was dreading today as it was esme's tooth check but she doesn't need a dental:D - yet.

i've felt sick for days about it as she really didn't fare too well after the last one and i thought i was going to lose her. eric hasn't bounced back so good after his last week and the loss of beautiful blackberry yesterday put me into a panic.

so, esme is ok:love:. she's had her myxo booster and weigh in (she's gained 80g since last time:oops:) but we think there is a problem with her eyesight. i've suspected it for a while due to how she reacts to things but its not cataracts and she does have enough vision to react to light.

glad i had this checked as i was thinking about changing her room around. don't think i'll do it now as she knows exactly where everything is.

That must be a huge relief for you, especially after what happened with poor Blackberry yesterday. :( I gave A & B a huge hug this morning after reading all the sad news. :(

Awwww glad she didn't need a dental :D

Has the vet run some tests for her eyesight?

not really as she admitted that she doesn't have much to go on rabbit-wise (very rare she gets asked:oops:).

there was some reaction with the lights out tho and she says there were no cataracts so it could be some degeneration at the back of the eye (I think thats what she said) but essie's eyes are pretty red too.

i just know its not 'right' - the lunging etc makes sense really. she's as soft as anything with me because i talk to her all the time anyway.

what tests could be done? mind you, it wouldn't make any difference as i doubt a bunneh could've gone to specsavers;)

thank you too, jane and karen. esme's teeth are long but they don't seem to get the spurs like eric's do as his are misaligned.

i know nobun is exempt from tooth problems but i swear if i ever found out who decided the flat face would be a good idea..........:evil: just the thought of them suffering the pain if they don't have a vigilant human and the risks every time of a ga:(

not really as she admitted that she doesn't have much to go on rabbit-wise (very rare she gets asked:oops:).

there was some reaction with the lights out tho and she says there were no cataracts so it could be some degeneration at the back of the eye (I think thats what she said) but essie's eyes are pretty red too.

i just know its not 'right' - the lunging etc makes sense really. she's as soft as anything with me because i talk to her all the time anyway.

what tests could be done? mind you, it wouldn't make any difference as i doubt a bunneh could've gone to specsavers;)

:lol::lol: Vet just shone a light into Louie's eyes to see if there was any pupil reaction. He rechecks them everytime we go for vaccinations.

Back