• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rehoming some bunnies in Bedfordshire - any ideas?

BexPets

Warren Scout
Not sure how to advertise for giving rabbits away: I'm not going to give them to unsuitable owners, a pet shop or rescue centre.

I was thinking of a newspaper but don't really know the details of that. I've already got ads up on 'Preloved'.

Need to find homes for 7 babies born on Valentine's day.
A 2 month old male who looks like a wild rabbit (but isn't).
A 6 month old male, plain black, whose owners decided at the last minute not to have him.

Any ideas anyone ?

Not sure how to advertise for giving rabbits away: I'm not going to give them to unsuitable owners, a pet shop or rescue centre.

I was thinking of a newspaper but don't really know the details of that. I've already got ads up on 'Preloved'.

Need to find homes for 7 babies born on Valentine's day.
A 2 month old male who looks like a wild rabbit (but isn't).
A 6 month old male, plain black, whose owners decided at the last minute not to have him.

Any ideas anyone ?

Why won't you use a rescue? Are you going to home check the new owners? Vac and neuter the bunnies? I think a rescue is the best option..not sure how else you can gaurantee they will be well kept and not abandoned further down the line :?

There is some advice on this thread about rehoming and questions to ask potential new owners.

In the first post of that thread, there is also a link to the Rabbit Rehome database, which you can post on. In addition, you can also post them on the Rabbits in Need section of this forum by following the instructions here.

Best of luck. :)

Why won't you use a rescue? Are you going to home check the new owners? Vac and neuter the bunnies? I think a rescue is the best option..not sure how else you can gaurantee they will be well kept and not abandoned further down the line :?

I assumed that would be irresponsible due to the current overcrowding in rescue centres, but if you think that's a good idea I'll have a look into it.

Thank you for the replies.
Wasn't sure about the Rabbits in Need section as the bunnies aren't desperately in need ?

Thank you for the replies.
Wasn't sure about the Rabbits in Need section as the bunnies aren't desperately in need ?

They don't have to be. I've rehomed buns in Rabbits In Need :)

I'd advise you homecheck before rehoming to anyone.. I've always made sure I've spoken to people about keeping rabbits then had a homecheck carried out before rehoming.

With yours being babies you need to be especially careful for people buying them for breeding etc.

Okay, as they get older and I get more pictures I'll compose a thread to put on 'Rabbits in Need' although I feel a bit guilty and kinda embarrassed :oops: at having these babies when there are so many around the thread I will post about rabbits who genuinely need homes and have bad lives :/

I'd personally ensure they are vaccinated if your giving them away at least that will put off people wanting to eat rabbit or feed them to snakes etc

Back