• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

rabbit sexing

hi when i got my 2 bunnies few months ago was told they was male and female for sure but looking at them im thinking they are 2 girls but not sure what is the easiest way to tell thanks

:oops:hi

it is difficult sexing rabbits i was told gizmo was a female by everyone including the vet for the first six months of his life [then i got a rabbit savy vet] and they were booking him into to be neutered and told me it would be a castration :oops:

If you have a rabbit savy friend who lives near or have a rabbit savy vet i would go there. I have books etc which say how to sex them but on young bunnies it can be very difficult. How old are they and where did you get them from? hopefully you will get a better answer soon :)

thanks they are around 8mths got them from a breeder my daughter got rabbits from same person and hers turned out to be wrong sex also

thanks they are around 8mths got them from a breeder my daughter got rabbits from same person and hers turned out to be wrong sex also

at 8mths old you really need to get them sexed asap. I am assuming they are related and you are keeping them together. What breed are they? As certain breeds are sexually active by that age. As for the fact your daughter had the same problem who sexed them correctly for you? I made this mistake once. My wrong sex bunny was from a breeder.... so after advice on here my further two bunnies i got from a rescue centre and they were already neutered and one was only 8mths old. You really need to get them sexed asap.

Unless you are planning to breed you really should get them both neutered or they may start fighting what ever sex combination they are. I would have thought if one was a boy you would be able to see his testicles which from my bunnies look like kind of kidney shaped bald patches either side of the bum when they have them tucked up out of site.

If you are planning to breed then think carefully, there are soo many unwanted rabbits.

dug out a golden oldie!
http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/showthread.php?t=46514

Back