• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Aviary advice

unalakey

Mama Doe
My new aviary (for my giants) is being delivered today:D Im soooooooooo excited:oops::D:oops::D I need advice on what to put on the floor? I cant flag it and at the moment they have a run made up with them metal panels, but Hari can now just jump over them:roll: On the floor is half shingle and half bark chippings with a small concrete path down the middle, it always looks messy as they flick the chippings and bark everywhere, do you think i could cover the whole area with bark chippings??

I would recommend putting down some aviary panels on the floor, then putting some turf on top of the aviary panels.

Bark ends up very messy, you can't seperate the bunny poos from the bark.

Its too uneven to lay slabs, there is a concrete pathway down the middle, shingle on one side and bark chippings on the other, i may keep it like this as it looks ok now i have swept it, will post pics later when my hubby bulids it:D

Back