• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bunny Behaviour - Your view?

charli107

New Kit
I have a 8 month old dwarf lop eared bunny. He is the runt of the litter and is only tiny. Ever since we brought him home he has been different to all other bunnys i know, even the vet said he had never seen one act like it. He comes to me for cuddles, he likes to lick me everywhere, runs around my feet grunts when he is on my knee and getting attention. He follows me everywhere even up the stairs. When he chases me we spend hours running backwards and forwards across the living room and basically acts more like a dog. When he was unwell and we took him to the vets he ran to me for support which shocked the vet as he jumped up at my chest and put both front paws on me. He has not been neutered but i dont think that has anything to do with it because he has always done it since 5 weeks.Does my bunny think im his mummy or is he in love with me??? This behaviour is really strange.

I think it means he just realllly loves you:love:
Buns lick you, like dogs, to show affection! And constantly following you is a good sign! Is he neutered?
My Cinnamon would snuggle underneath my arm when she gets her jabs!

I think some of that is related to not being neutered, but equally, some bunnies are just amazing like that- I have and have had a couple of them and they are very special.

If you got him neutered, then you would know what's him and what's his hormones.

that's absolutly adorable behaviour! some animals are just genuinly more affectionate than others. If he sees you as the primary care giver/food and goodies finder, then this may be a clever survival tactic for a runt animal rapped up in cuteness.

He sounds likes he's a very affectionate, loving bunny, lucky you :love: I'm not an expert by any means but it does seem like some of the behaviour could be due to the fact that he's not neutered as well.

My Peanut also did the same thing at the vets with me the other day and put her front paws up to my chest for a cuddle, it was the sweetest moment ever, she doesn't normally give cuddles like that but she does like to lick me lots :love:

Back