• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bunny play group

Hellybelly

New Kit
Hey everyone, new here!

Was wondering if anyone around the bucks area would to set up a play date?
My lionhead mini lop cross is a MN, very friendly. He likes to meet new bunnies and have a good run around! His name is Jimmy James and would love to make some new friends!

Helen and Jimmy x

Hi there.

I am not local but am intrigued by your play date suggestion. What does this entail exactly?

Surely don't mean that you actually take bunnies to meet each other to play?

Was really looking for just one other rabbit FN if poss. Just a social thing once a week that will allow mine to have a good run about with another rabbit. He already has two rabbit mates, and I find he enjoys the time but he enjoys being with human company just as much. It's a nice balance if you have just one bunny. Lots of behaviour benefits also to rabbit playdates.

Sorry but I can't imagine doing that.

I don't mean to be rude, but being totally honest, it's cruel to let buns start to 'bond' and then split them up.

You either should bond your single bunny permanently to another or not.

You are also risking fighting, infection and all manner of other issues.

I'd get him a permanent friend if I were you. :D

Was really looking for just one other rabbit FN if poss. Just a social thing once a week that will allow mine to have a good run about with another rabbit. He already has two rabbit mates, and I find he enjoys the time but he enjoys being with human company just as much. It's a nice balance if you have just one bunny. Lots of behaviour benefits also to rabbit playdates.

rabbits can fight
wrong sexes can make babies
disease can spead
rabbits are naturally nervous and would be confused about being dragged about everywhere

Better to have a rabbit bonded to a single friend

*eyes suspiciously*

A bunny playgroup?

Have you been reading about those silly bunny cafes they have in Japan and kinda.... continued from there?

If you want your bun to have more interaction, I would suggest getting more buns of your own and getting them bonded properly? Buns act on sight.... if they see another bun running around that they dont know, they are likely to attack. Not a great idea, sorry.

What do you think these are because I can't see any I am afraid.

:wave: hi and welcome to the forum

i agree with the above posts, i don't think that bunny play dates are a good idea. it will be more harm than good im afraid :(

example:
i have a bunny called snowball.
i am currently fostering a rabbit called jay
i accidentally left a door between the 2 rabbits open.
the result - snowball had to go to the vets because part of his ear was bitten off.

That's a great idea but you have to think of the negative possibilities ;D
I agree with Janice, The Duchess and Steph.
Your bunny could catch a disease from another bunny or the other way around.
And also they could mate.
If they don't get on then a fight would occur and then you would have to take them to the vets and spend money :p

Hmmm shame, he only mixes with vaccs bunnies and N. Don't get spilt up, he sees the other bunnies once a week. No fights.

RVN

:wave: hi and welcome to the forum

i agree with the above posts, i don't think that bunny play dates are a good idea. it will be more harm than good im afraid :(

example:
i have a bunny called snowball.
i am currently fostering a rabbit called jay
i accidentally left a door between the 2 rabbits open.
the result - snowball had to go to the vets because part of his ear was bitten off.

I was just about to post a link to your thread about Snowball - hope he's doing okay now)

I agree with the previous posts, I'd never let unbonded buns interact, accident waiting to happen I'm afraid.

Back