• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Ruby and Oscar...u/d...poison.

RubyTed

Wise Old Thumper
They're dead. ....I just went up to check on them as I didn't hear them making noise, like they normally do, and they were both lying there. They'd hardly touched their tea. :cry:

they had a hop outside for a few hours earlier. Brought them in at 5.30/6.00, when I gave them their tea....that was the last time I saw them. :cry: :cry: the only thing in the garden that's bad is ivy, but they've never been near it before.

....I can't believe it!!! I failed them. :(:cry: I can't keep my buns alive...I don't know what I'm doing wrong. I think I should regime Eddie for his own good....if anything happens to him I won't be able to go on. :cry::cry::(

Last edited:
Oh God! I'm so sorry, what a shock for you :cry::cry: Is there any way you could get a post-mortem done to find out what happened?

You aren't a bad bunny mum, don't ever think that xx

How could it be them both? My neighbours love them!! They'd never poison them... I just want to know what happened. :( :cry: I loved them so much!

aww im so sorry- but you haven't failed, some things just happen sadly.:( i know it will be hard but hang in there. all the best:wave:

Oh my god!!
Im going off line.i cant take this.First Blackberry...now this!
Im so sorry Ali.xxxxx

oh no, im so sorry chick
these things just happen sometimes, don't be blaming yourself.

sending massive hugs your way xxxx

O.M.G Ali :(:(:(:(:(

What room do they live in? Is there a possibility it could be carbon monoxide? Have you or Ol had headaches or been feeling unusually sleepy?

If there is even the slightest outside possibility that it could be, please switch your boiler off and don't switch it on again until it's been checked.

Ali dont blame yourself its nothing you have done. I would get a post mortem because otherwise you will wonder and wonder because it is both of them.

I also agree with what Alison has said.

I am so sorry :( x

O.M.G Ali :(:(:(:(:(

What room do they live in? Is there a possibility it could be carbon monoxide? Have you or Ol had headaches or been feeling unusually sleepy?

If there is even the slightest outside possibility that it could be, please switch your boiler off and don't switch it on again until it's been checked.

i was going to say this. are you and ol ok? when they were outside, could they have got to the ivy?

It's not carbon monoxide. I just got a detector, as Eddie lives near the boiler. They haven't been near it since they fell out.

The only different thing today was that they went outside. :(

I feel so sick. I'm sorry for such a stupid question...but what should I do with them tonight. They're in my dressing room at the moment. :(

:shock: Oh I'm so sorry :cry::cry::cry: You must be in such shock right now. :( I'm SURE it wasn't anything to do with you.

Oh honey I dont know what to suggest, is there a friend who could take them to the vet for you just to make it a little bit easier? :(:(

I cannot imagine what you are feeling, Its nothing you did Ali, it isnt.

:(

i wish i could give you a hug x

Back