• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

can metacam cause sticky poo?

poppymoon

Wise Old Thumper
as the title says....

eric's been sat in his tray for a while munching hay but there weren't many poops. checked his bun (with much protest) and he had a big lump of soft poop stuck.

cleaned him up the best i can and he's grooming frantically now.

his diet hasn't changed. the only difference in the last week is his slow recovery from dental pain so i had to give him metacam for 2 days afterwards. could this be the cause?

also, the fibre pellets some buns seem to love, are they called fibreplex?

i have noticed Alvin does a big squidy poop when hes had a gut stop. possibly the metacam or possibly the reason he stopped eating in the first place

he is usually fine after the system has cleared itself out tho :D

thanks donna:)

when i took him back to the vet to get the metacam, by the time we got there he'd got a huge lump stuck to him whilst in the carrier - i felt so ashamed cos the vet said how stinky it was and had to wash his bum:oops:

he's hay munching again now so hopefully he's sorting his gut out.

y'know, i don't think i'll ever let myself fall in love with any more bunnies. way too stressful:(

yeah i thought that once too... then i met the female Alvin :lol:

he be ok once he sorts his gut hun, till the next blip :( i know i have no illness experience compared to everyone else but of enlarged heart and stasis prone id take the poorly heart any day. stasis is pure evil :evil:

well, we have a far better show of decent poo after his last tray visit:)

he's going mental trying to clean the really stuck bit off tho - i tried to help him but he did his eric the kangaroo and legged it:roll:

Back