• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

what age is a rabbit fully grown?

xx-snowball-xx

Wise Old Thumper
i have tried googling and finding out the answer, but all the websites say different things.

some say they are fully grown by 5 months.
others say not until 18 months.

i know it can depend a lot on what breed they are also.
am just curious to know when snowball is likely to stop growing :)

he currently weighs 1.3kg and the vet said that he is a cross breed with a big mixture.

because he is a cross breed, he has the cutest helicloptooor (my son's word) ears, one uppy ear and one loppy ear hehe.

It depends on the breed. I would say he has anotheer few months yet he hasnt grown into his ears. Yes he is a lovely helicopter BEW :D

I think most are fully grown at 6 months. :? Spenser was 7 months when I got him in April, but his mane and furninshings grew a bit over the winter. :love: He's a cross too - lionhead with goodness knows what!

I read on here somewhere that continental giants are fully grown at 18 months. So probably really does depend in the breed.

Bunsk is a cross, or so P@H said, he is about 7 months old now and seems to have stopped growing!

I thought Toby was fully grown at 6 months but has really grown in the last 3 months since. Hes a big chunky boy now! I've been looking and hes not reached the minimum weight for his breed yet either although hes not far off. :wave:

Back