• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

What do you put in your litter tray?

Honeybean

Warren Scout
Hi :wave:

What do you put in your litter trays?

I am just putting newspaper and hay. Just wondered what everyone else did?

Usually megazorb and hay though I am having a trial with the lionheads of newspaper and hay.

biocatolet, its paper based and what i used to line my at cages with... i dont really know what i used it.... just did x

I use newspaper with lots of hay. I change it every evening but sometimes I change it in the morning too. I have heard carefresh is supposed to be quite good but if your cleaning it everyday it could be an expensive option. Putting hay in really helps to litter train them as they like to eat and go to the toilet at the same time :D

What to use in litter tray

I use wood pellets in litter tray, I think there great they don't smell, they absorb all the wee, and if they digest any of the pellet it's not harmful to them.

Megazorb. Straw. Then hay in the corner for munching. The smaller one is changed daily. The larger one, which isn't wee'd in as much, every couple of days.

Combinations of the following:

I use different for different buns and trays,

*layer of newspaper- then megazorb then hay

*layer of newspaper then ecobed for buns after operations or with incontinence problems

* Megazorb + hay sometimes this is enough in small trays- even in 32l underbed storage boxes if you use enough.

* Newpaper + Hay for recently neutered buns.

I sometimes use auboise instead of megazorb or easybed.

Generally every 24-48 hours. I stuff the storage boxes with hay as tightly as possible.

Back