• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Boarders in Essex or near suffolk?

Rose24

Warren Scout
Hello me again...

I am going to need to widen my search for a bunny boarder and could really do with some advice please :D

I live near Lowestoft in Suffolk and would be happy to drive up to an hour and a half for a perfect bunnery. I have a wonderful lady near Birmingham but that is a little far if we are going away on short trips.

If anyone knows anywhere I would really appreciate any suggestions and then I can work out how far they are and hopefully check them out.

There's Caroline at the Rabbit Residence at Great Chishill in Herts. The Rabbit Residence is a rescue but does bunny boarding to raise money to run the rescue. I reckon she must be at least an hour and a half from you which is quite a distance but I would fully recommend her and the boarding fees are used for a good purpose.

Here is a link to her website:-

http://www.rabbitresidence.org.uk/

Thanks so much, I will check it out now. Sorry for taking so long to reply but my computer broke down :roll:

Any one else have any suggestions? The more the merrier :D

Just sent an email :)

Please keep the suggestions coming...Im planning a bunny boarding trip :lol:

Thanks for everyones help

I second the Rabbit Residence :wave::wave:

I third it. Boarded my buns there over Xmas and I wouldn't use anywhere else. Caroline notived my bun jad ear abcesses when doing the arrival health check :oops: and treated them for me free of charge. Obviously I gave an extra donation because of this.

Definitely can recommend Caroline at the Rabbit Residence :D
You may be better to contact her via mobile too as I know she gets inundated with e-mails.
If you leave a message for her, she always rings back :D

I am just waiting on an email back, hopefully with a postcode so I can check the disance. It does look like its going to be over 2hrs away which in the great scheme of things isnt too far but if its just for a over night then that is a lot of travelling for my bunnies. I hope I'm wrong tho and its not that far away :?

Thanks for the suggestions...does anyone have any more places in mind? :)

Definitely can recommend Caroline at the Rabbit Residence :D
You may be better to contact her via mobile too as I know she gets inundated with e-mails.
If you leave a message for her, she always rings back :D

I have been on her website and she says she has lost her mobile :( Hopefully she will get my email. I am in no real rush as I will travel to back to my old rescue (4 hrs away :shock:) for my fast approaching holiday. Just need someone closer by now that I can trust with my bunnies. It sounds like an amazing place.

I am surprised that there is not that many places closer by, can anyone think of any? Hibby has just run up to the laptop, I think she wants to know whats going on :lol:

I have been on her website and she says she has lost her mobile :( Hopefully she will get my email. I am in no real rush as I will travel to back to my old rescue (4 hrs away :shock:) for my fast approaching holiday. Just need someone closer by now that I can trust with my bunnies. It sounds like an amazing place.

I am surprised that there is not that many places closer by, can anyone think of any? Hibby has just run up to the laptop, I think she wants to know whats going on :lol:

Lost it again :roll: ... bless her :D
You are about 92 miles away from the Rabbit Residence ... so about 2 1/4 hours (according to google).
I would have offered to help out, but we get visited by the stoats :evil: on a regular basis & I would hate anything to happen to them whilst they were here.
I'm sure Caroline will get back to you asap. I'll send her a message via FB to let her know.

I have been on her website and she says she has lost her mobile :(

I think she has a working mobile again now so it might be worth trying the number anyway :)

Also might be worth asking Sky-O, she's near Ipswich and I'm sure I've seen her recommend someone near Ipswich before now. Caroline's is fab, mine stayed there for about 2 months when we moved house a few years ago, but I'm just conscious that it's a very long way from you!

Aw, you're not far from me :wave:

The member is dyoung5. This is her profile on here http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/member.php?u=14000

This is her Bunny Boarding Website. http://bunnywarren.webs.com/

I have home checked her and one of her bunnies came from us and she is truly excellent. They boarded bunnies indoors of another one of our adopters and they were very pleased with all she did. She comes with a very high recommendation from me.

This is what Sky-O said on another thread! It's actually at Wattisfield so only 40miles from Lowestoft!

Last edited:
Ditto Rabbits Residence :D

Heather needed a dental while they were boarding there so Caroline took her along to the vets no problem and kept us updated on how she was doing :) Also the accomadation the boarders can have is fab, FAR larger then most other boarding places I have seen :D

I'm going to pick H and B up tomorrow as we've been away for the week :love:

This is what Sky-O said on another thread! It's actually at Wattisfield so only 40miles from Lowestoft!

I spoke to her and she was lovely, we were going to go and visit yesterday but she text me last weekend to say that due to some unforseen circumstances she couldn't take any boarders :cry: Such a shame but I'm glad she was upfront and honest and told me in plently of time.

So I was back to square one, It does seem a little far for Carolines but I think we are going to go and have a look next weekend anyway. I can't believe there is no one else closer? :shock:

Thanks for all your suggestions, please keep any ideas on boarders coming :D

Im not sure what you are after but we have an outhouse which we use for boarding, its about eight foot x five foot and is only used for that one booking at a time so bun/buns are free range in there and its connected to the house so we are always close by. :wave:

Im in Essex

Back