• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

mabel - pics added

mini lop1

Wise Old Thumper
i know the vet said she wasn;t concerned about mabels weight, but to me i can really feel her spine, my nan says maybe its the way she is, but im getting myself soo worried about her, maybe i should feed her separate from locksley again

i just got some herb treats out from excell for them and made sure she ate more then locksley

Last edited:
:wave: dont work youself so much hun. i can really feel bella's spine, i was really worried about it for agggggggeeeeeesssss. got all worked up but she's fine, some buns are just built differently. is it a weight loss or has she always been like this??

005-11.jpg

xx

:wave: dont work youself so much hun. i can really feel bella's spine, i was really worried about it for agggggggeeeeeesssss. got all worked up but she's fine, some buns are just built differently. is it a weight loss or has she always been like this??

005-11.jpg

xx

no she;s still 1kg soo not really losing or putting any on at the moment

:) and is she eating ok??

this is going to sound weird but have you checked her hocks etc? bella went right off her food and when i gave her a check over her hocks were raw in some areas. cleared up right away with some cream from the vets, hasnt suffered with it since.

how much does lockley weigh??

just tryin to get a clear picture of it all, sorry for all the questions hun xx

locksley on last weight was 1.58kg, when he was 14weeks old he was 1kg, mabel seems to have been 1kg since 14weeks and come to a stop, theres no way she could be speyed at 6 months old at this rate

even when rosie was really ill i couldn;t feel her spineas much as mabels,she eats fine and has hay all the time, she is happy enough and plays, although still cannot jump onto the bed yet

she stills seems very small which is more apparent when i pick her up and she feels the size of a 9-10week old bunny when i think she is 17/18weeks old now

have you thought about giving her porridge oats?? its what i used to bulk bella up a bit, she loved it :)

(though if you're that concerned maybe a trip to the vets for a check up etc)

i dont think you should worry so much about feeling her spine but if its the size and progression as she gets older is worrying you then that something to look into.

sorry if this isnt any help hun, hopefully someone will come along with better advice :oops:

xx

im going to try and feed them their pellets in morning then take locksley for a cuddle and give her a few more pellets, soo he won't see and feel he's missing out on anything

she has learnt to take the bigger carrot off him at night already :lol:

you got her from a breeder didnt you??

have you spoken to them about her?? maybe they have noticed a size difference in the line x

i could take her to the other vets, shaun used to work at one we go to now then he moved to london but now he oepned a practice near us, i could ask to see him again and see what he thinks

if its going to put your mind at rest it might be worth it. otherwise your gonna start seeing symptoms that arent reall there (trust me i know :oops:)

xx

if its going to put your mind at rest it might be worth it. otherwise your gonna start seeing symptoms that arent reall there (trust me i know :oops:)

xx

i will do thanks, as i know if i go to my vets it will be same person :oops: im not sure if emma still works there who looked after rosie, its a younger lady, not sure of her name

ive started feeding her separate again for a while, i just handed her to mum and said she just doesn't feel right mum was like :censored: can feel every bone in her body and her spine feels awful
she eats loads of hay, but mum said that won;t put weight on her

I don't know what to suggest sorry but try not to over worry, give her a bit more food than Locksley and see if she puts a bit more weight on? x

I don't know what to suggest sorry but try not to over worry, give her a bit more food than Locksley and see if she puts a bit more weight on? x

i will do, mum held her and gave her a carrot while locklsey was running around my legs thinking what is going on :lol:

ive just took some piccies but not sure if you can tell from them, she wouldn;t keep still :lol:

ill uploadin a min

She looks a little thin, but I'm not sure what mini lops are meant to be like.

Hope she is okay though, x

Back