• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Holidays!!!

hun-bun

Warren Scout
We've just booked our yearly family holiday!:p
In previous years we have taken our 4 buns to my mums house and they have taken over her spare bed rooms. As they were all indoor buns this hasn't been a problem. At the end of last summer we converted the kids old wooden wendy house and the rabbits now happily live outdoors. Our furry family has also grown and we are long term fosterers of two lovely buns and we have also "obtained";) two cute piggies. So this year is causing me big probs. I was wondering what you all do when they go away especially if you have multiple buns?
I'd realy love for mine to stay at home this year so as not disrupt them. I don't have any rabbit savy friends who could call round and my mum lives too far away to make a couple of visits a day.
It would be great to hear what everyone on RU do for the holiday season:wave:

I am going to South Africa for two and a half weeks. My mum is going to come down and live at my house while i am away. Just need to hope that none of the buns are ill!

I only manage to go away for a few days a year. Adele (Guardian Angels) usually looks after my pair.:D:D I don't like to be away from the gang for very long!!!:lol::lol::lol: This also includes my two guinea pigs. :love::love:

How about a pet sitter? Not necessarily a live in one. Just someone who will call in twice a day. Not ideal but, worth a thought.

Do your vets offer a boarding service? My local veterinary nurses offer a small scale service.

Good luck in sorting something out. :p

My bun will come with.

We have a caravan in Cornwall, and he will go on his hols with us and the rest of the zoo. (kids, animals and hubby)

Hes a really good traveller. Weve taken him out in the car to get to grips with it and hes fine. sleeps in his carrier and has a stretch every couple of hours.

Rach x

I'm having a pet sitter come in twice a day to feed, play and clean them out.

We've just booked our yearly family holiday!:p
In previous years we have taken our 4 buns to my mums house and they have taken over her spare bed rooms. As they were all indoor buns this hasn't been a problem. At the end of last summer we converted the kids old wooden wendy house and the rabbits now happily live outdoors. Our furry family has also grown and we are long term fosterers of two lovely buns and we have also "obtained";) two cute piggies. So this year is causing me big probs. I was wondering what you all do when they go away especially if you have multiple buns?
I'd realy love for mine to stay at home this year so as not disrupt them. I don't have any rabbit savy friends who could call round and my mum lives too far away to make a couple of visits a day.
It would be great to hear what everyone on RU do for the holiday season:wave:

where about in surrey are you?

xx

Back