• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

argh! noisey buns!! they just wont shut up haha

zayna1

Warren Scout
So my rabbits will be living in a playpen in my bedroom room for 2 weeks now (since yesterday)!! because we have GUESTS staying over!! grr im so annoyed, firstly because my room is literally a box room, my bed is touching the darn playpen, and i had to move the desk out, and theres only enough room to slide in through the door onto the damn bed! To make things worse, the rabbits just dont stay quiet :( All night they decide to drink exceptionally loudly (they attack the bottle!) dig on the floor, its stupidly loud because it's a wooden floor!, tip over the litter box and bowls, throwing poop and pellets all over the place, but the worst bit is the shaking of the cage bars, and they both do it together and it seems that they're having a blast!! last night i didnt get any sleep at all and now im exhausted! I want to move them back downstairs but i'm not allowed because my brother will be sleeping down there and he'll just kick up a stink if he has to sleep with the rabbits, and the guests are in his room! we don't have a spare room or any other place to house them except the garden (NONO!!) and im so irritated right now! HELP!:censored: Am i just going to have to put up with it? :( The worst bit is that right now when i'm typing this, the rabbits are all snuggled up sleeping like innocent little :censored::lol: while im exhausted!! :shock:

maybe get your brother to sleep in your room and you and the rabbits sleep downstairs coz if they are not right next to you when your sleeping might mean they arnt so loud

yeah thats the problem....my brother is an absolute :censored: and he's do anything to make my life difficult you see....

Ooooh dear :(
Replace their bottle with a sturdy bowl of water, this will make drinking time quieter!
Check that their nails dont need clipping as long nails would be very noisy on a wooden floor! You could also lay towels or blankets down in their pen (secure with bricks or similar) which would also help.
Make sure that they have PLENTY of exercise and stimulation during the day, and most importantly alot of free time out of the pen. Bunnies obsessively chewing wires are bored, frustrated buns in my opinion. If you let them out of the pen during the day, they might be less angry about being shut in it at night ;)
Hope that helps :wave:

Back