• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Ways to chew proof new housing/ideas for new housing

bunsterfied

Alpha Buck
Found Peter has chewed through wall of toilet area (not used much mind you!) thats 9mm of plywood plus external shiplap would you believe. This happened over the week end, I'd guess at night when he and Lola are in there. I've put some more wood on the outside but now I'm uncertain as to the new playhouse I was planning on getting them, although they'd have a hutch inside it as well I presume, what sort of wood depth is used on wendyhouses/sheds compared to the Ryedale 9mm plus shiplap? What is the best thing to apply to walls /corners to prevent this? (steel!!!!)

Peter hates having to come out of the big run and tunnel at night, he even went through a stage of hiding in the run refusing to come into the small run cos he knew sooner or later I'd put him in the hutch. Nom noms lured him out eventually. He'd have to be confined to the playhouse too at night as we have a fox that visits some nights, and I jsut can't trust a run completely.

Back