• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

bertie has had yet ANOTHER fit.......:(

purplebumble

Warren Veteran
at 4pm he had a fit whilst washing bluebell. Saturday night we found where hed been washing bluebell there was a thick clump of whiteish yellow snot:(

i rang the vets..she rang me back and told me to ring the reception desk and tell them hes to be seen without a long wait in the waiting room.
They are going to take bloods for toxoplasmosis.....but i know its not that....zuzu and salem never had raw meat and were confined to the house and netted in garden..but they did escape out the front twice but got shooed back in. The kittens have never had raw anything and have never been outside.

we dont wear shoes indoors..only indoor pair of crocs!

Its obvious i think that its the pasturella........but the protocol for treating toxoplasmosis involves a sulfa based drug....trimethoprim......which is also used for pasturella. The depocillin jabs i fear mybe too much for him.....but the vet will be able to advise.

i am fed up with..oh its sensitiveto baytril..well its not done anything.its now been used too much....its prob resistant now.

im going to ask for bisolvin too...and ask about meds to nebulise and i will spend every penny to buy one for him.....and get the meds on repeat script.

Im sure meds daily for life with him is going to be the only useful way for him.

hey im proud..i ACTUALLY MANAGED TO GIVE HIM RECTAL VALIUM!! but it took 2 to 3 minutes to work:?

vibes please...and i will update tomorrow.

2.49am..ive had cofee now cherry diet coke...im scared to sleep:(
im glad were living in the lounge sleeping on the bed settees...i couldnt go upstairs now.

Poor Bertie. Well done for giving the valium.
I think nebulising + bisolvon is a good idea- I got my neuliser from maplins, It's really quiet and easy to use-not that I've needed to use it yet. xx

Oh no! Poor Bertie and poor you! :cry:

I really hope they can do something for him as others have said. Sending him tons and tons of vibes xxx

....and lots of hugs for you too xx

How's the snugglebun doing Debbie? I text you at lunch time and tried to 'phone you when I got in from work but your mobile was off.

Hope Bertie Bun is doing OK?

Thinking of you xx

Poor wee Bertie. He's not having an easy time. Well done getting his meds done though! It'll be easier if you have to do it again.

thank you all.....:love:
karen hun im so sorry i left my phone off as i was having such bad time with my bloomin epileptic attacks......talk about ironic eh:roll::oops:

i left my phone off to help me sleep......and today i slept a lot too.....but everytime he so much as moved..i was sat bolt upright:(

bertie says nose rubs gladly accepted..he can never get too many nose rubs:lol:

nikki went to stroke him and give him a nose rub and found coloured snot on his nostril:(

the vet cleaned him up..the baytril had upset his tummy and the stress of the fit and constant syringing the stuf down....upset tummy. we were terrified to try and clean him as he was so unable to breathe properly:(
so he had the indignation of having his lower regions shaved almost bare:oops: and he had bloods taken form his ear..phew not his neck..bif bless her when she was alive had it taken from her neck..5 attempts..it was awful..to see her like that.

But i was cross...they said i wouldnt be left around waiting...and i was:evil:
bertie was so stressed but bluebell was even worse......:censored: When they took bertie away to take his bloods and give him his depocillin injection ..bluebell and i waited in the consulting room as there were lots of dogs out in the waiting room...poor bluebell...it was thw room dazy-mae was taken away from her in..and the same room dazy-mae was pts in:cry: But she was getting lots of nose rubs from me..we both waited an eternity:(

And she was so glad to see him back.

the taxi fare is £10 each way..or a saving if its a wait and return. well This is how long i was...my taxi fare came to.......£32:shock::cry:
I am going to ring them and remind them it cost me £12 waiting time...and make sure they dont do it again..its the stress on the buns is even worse than the painful costs!

Back