• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

yellow pages okay or not okay.

shadow05

Mama Doe
right ive been told by a few people that i should give my rabbit scooter a yellow pages to dig up and tear but i know wat hes like and he will most likely eat it.:roll:

ive tried asking serveral people but either havent got a straight answer or there not that certian and i really need to know before i give him because i obviously dont wanna poision him.:( :shock:

so if anybody can answer my mystery question that would be really helpful and u would be making a bunny very happy thats if its not poisions. :D

people use newspaper for trays and give rabbits old phone books to play with. having seen how irresistible my rabbits find paper, i don't do either. :lol: they will eat any paper, but if they find a sheet of green... nom, nom, nom! i tell them 'just because its green, doesn't mean its cabbage...' :shock:

I confiscated my buns yellow pages because he was actually eating it not just ripping it up :shock:

When I used to put paper at the bottom of the litter tray they used to try and dig it up to get at it = mess!

I've got them lots of willow sticks and the likes to nibble on instead now (and the skirting boards of course ;).

xxx

Pie absolutely love any sort of paper or cardboard but due to her constant bouts of Stasis we keep all these things away from her. :roll:
So I'm afraid I can't advise.

I have a yellow pages in Jenson's run because I thought that it was ok. I had heard that some newspaper print was a problem and yellow pages are ok.
I think its ok so long as they don't actually eat it.

I have a yellow pages in Jenson's run because I thought that it was ok. I had heard that some newspaper print was a problem and yellow pages are ok.
I think its ok so long as they don't actually eat it.

well he does too i have to take cardboard off him every so often for piece of mind he does it a lot less then he use to do but i have a feeling he will go mental on the yellow pages.

I took out all of the glossy type pages and removed the front/back cover,, and he's had it for ages and been fine.
If he starts eating ALL of it, then I'd remove it but if he's nibbling a bit I personally haven't had a problem

I took out all of the glossy type pages and removed the front/back cover,, and he's had it for ages and been fine.
If he starts eating ALL of it, then I'd remove it but if he's nibbling a bit I personally haven't had a problem

okay i think ill try it with him and take it off him tmmorow and giev him something and see how he gets on. thank you everybody :D:wave:

as with any paper take it away if they eat it as it causes blockages which can kill the bunny
if they are just ripping it up it is ok if supervised

Back