• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

snowballs improved pen :)

xx-snowball-xx

Wise Old Thumper
i have been busy tonight messing around with the pen.
hope that what i have done is an improvement lol

(otherwise i have wrecked a load of duvet covers for no reason)

picture is at the bottom if you can't be bothered to read what i have done ;)

have taken the duvet cover i usually use to cover the top so he can't jump out and turned it into a kind of "wall" at the back.
i realised that due to the shape of the pen, he had no side at all that wasn't open, so have covered that back "wall" and part of one side with the sheet.

instead of putting the excess sheet over the top, i have tucked it under so he has another texture to sit on.

i then took a second duvet cover and put it over the top to make a new cover (first was a single so didn't cover all of it, this one is a double)
i made all the holes to fix it to the top as the cover.

i then unattached half of it and folded it back over and made some new holes in it and attached it again folded back. this makes a cover over half of the cage for when i am at home and don't mind if he jumps out.
it has made a type of "den" area that is a bit darker for him and somewhere he maybe will feel a bit more secure if you get what i mean.

i then realised that he had been spending a lot of time sleeping in his tunnel whenever it was there.
i have used the ties to tie it to the back of the cage so that his "bed area" also has a back wall. i put his big cushion inside the tunnel too, which he LOVES. he goes in there and snuggles right up to go to sleep.

anyhow, i think what i have done has improved it, but if you think i haven't and it was better without all my faffing about, tell me and i will take it all away :)

IMG_3162.jpg

My only complaint is that we can't see all of Snowball in the photo. :no: The set-up looks great. Is it a Trixie pen with a door in one of the panels?

thanking you :)

My only complaint is that we can't see all of Snowball in the photo. :no: The set-up looks great. Is it a Trixie pen with a door in one of the panels?
haha, my mistook, i shall take more pictures of him in the morning, all i can see is his butt right now ;)

close, it's a savic one with a door in one panel, i got it from amazon :)
was happy, got free delivery on it :D

Back