• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Toys, People with bunnies living seperately?

Becki xX

Warren Veteran
Bit of a pointless question, Just wondering...When you buy toys, and say have two pairs/singles etc, do you buy two of the same thing? I never, ever buy one without the other as I just feel too guilty :oops: but I never have them both like the same things, so stuff gets shared eventually anyway. Just a pondering.....:oops:

If i had seperate bunnies then i would probably buy two of everything...
Saying that... i usually buy two of everything now anyway :oops: :lol: Depending on what it is and what else i have brought :lol:

I usually buy willow toys and go for a ball and a carrot for pairs so they have something different. They share anyway.

I used to. But mine don't actually play with many toys so now I tend to get furniture at a height they can jump on so it's a bit more specific to their rooms. I did get a snugglesafe tunnel, the green plastic ones, in the intention of putting it in the lops room but the box it came in was a perfect tunnel. So they got the box, the lions got the tunnel :lol:

I buy two of everything so that both pairs have the same toys. Sometimes if there is a good deal on or they are not too expensive then I will buy one each.:)

I usually buy the same chew toys for all the pairs and then they have tunnels or tubes depending on their preferences

I dont think toys are nessacerily a waste of money, I know many bunnies arent interested but mine are, especially Domino who feels the need to never move.

As soon as i get the toys out hes loving it. I think if I were you Becki I would give them toys that keep them occupied longer, like treat balls and things like that, The best toys mine like are the ones I make them, apple twigs bound together, and I made them a toy which was twigs, pine cones and toilet tubes and they loved it.

Saying that mine do love the generic pointless toys such as the jingle balls etc. they are easily pleased.

x

I dont think toys are a waste of money. Even a pair of buns need something to do!

Also I wouldnt assume that Becki has a small run because she has two single bunnies, I know she doesnt and both buns get loads of free range time indoors. :)

i just buy toys never thought about it really lol guess is there is a good offer yes i will buy more than one i buy jingle balls in bulk and some other toys
ann x

I defo don't think touys are a waste of money!!!

My rabbits love their toys!! I have singles atm, and know what type of toys each rabbit likes so i go by that! Rolo is a chewer and will chew knoring toys to peices, but Matilda is a thinker, so LOVES her treat ball, or things she has to think about x

I tend to buy lots of different stuff for my bunnies, none of them have the same toys:)
Although in the summer when I bond the girls, I plan to have a huge clearout and buy them a load of new stuff between the pair of them:D
I think once C&N are bonded Benji will get lots of new toys too, to keep him occupied.

is there someway we could do a Tried & tested thread for all kinds of things, toys included?
I have spent a fortune on toys for mine and what they actually like best are tunnels of any description, toilet rolls stuffed with food and their treat ball.
Everything else gets ignored/burried. Oh yes and the willow ball stuffed with hay, which costs about £6 and takes less than 20 minutes to destroy :shock:

In my house small toys are a waste cos mine don't play with them. They will play with a willow ball with food inside but I can easily do that with cardboard tube balls.

Bigger toys like tunnels and log bridges are worth it though :thumb:

. Oh yes and the willow ball stuffed with hay, which costs about £6 and takes less than 20 minutes to destroy :shock:

I am glad it's not just mine that do this! :lol: Nothing made of Willow lasts for very long at all with my 3 :(

see im 50/50 on this. i buy 2 of everything if its going to be in their cages but as they both play out together i just buy one of things that i have outside like their carrott tree etc x

Toys are a waste of money (except tunnels). Save up and get them each a friend and a bigger run.

:?

Save up? I work full time so I'm not short on cash by any means, I certainly don't need a bigger run & they won't be getting a friend each. Just a question about toys - which thankfully they love, so not a waste of my money! :D

Back