• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

cosy inside or cold outside?

Laurel

New Kit
We bought our rabbit in from the cold weather back in November. She now lives in her hutch in our back room and although she seems ok I often tell my mum off with the central heating being too hot for her. We are now wondering now that the bitter weather has passed if our rabbit would prefer to go back outside - bearing in mind that outside means in a carpeted play shed?
Do you think our rabbit will prefer it back outside or has she now got use to the heat inside and thyerefore keep her in?
Thank you

If she's been inside for a while she will have moulted her winter coat away. It's still very cold outdoors - was only 2 degrees here this morning! So she needs to stay indoors as she won't have any real protection against the elements - especially so if she's a single bun'.

She shouldn't go back outside until Spring is here and everything's warmed up properly - around April. :D

i would leave it till spring to be honest, its still only february and we'll still be due frosts, and you never know snow etc and her coat would have adjusted to being indoors and not outdoors

I agree it's too early for her to go back outside. My rabbit stayed out for the winter, although I was very nervous until his thermal hutch cover arrived. He's been fine but I'm waiting until it's warmer until I think about a date for his neuter.

Back