• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I can't believe it!

blackspots

Warren Scout
I hope you don't mind, but I needed to share with people who would really appreciate the bunny opportunities of my latest freecycle find. A Playhouse! I have been looking for one for a while now, and was about to get a friend to make me one when yesterday I saw it, advertised on my local freecycle. To be honest I wasn't expecting much, and knew it was painted blue needing minor repairs, but I was so shocked when I got there. It is very similar to this:
http://www.playhousesworld.co.uk/p/Pinnacle_7ft_x_6ft_(2.09m_x_1.79m)_Crib_Playhouse.htm
The door is on the other side so the shorter roof is on the left, but is has two levels! And a little verandah! It is 10 years old and does need a good lick of paint, but it is in fantastic condition. I am so, so shocked! I couldn't stop grinning as we were dismantling it. We are going back tomorrow to collect it in a van. I just need this half term to stay dry so that I can get to work paint stripping. I took pictures on my OH's phone and keep looking at them. Anyone would think it was a new bunny ha ha!
Now all I need is a freecycle cat flap and we are away!

Wow. Looks brilliant! Someone on a local freecycle was advertising two 6 foot hutches. Amazing what people give away.

Haha, really pleased for you but also sooo gutted. I saw this too and emailed the owner but they didn't get back to me so I assumed it had gone! I do feel much better knowing it has gone to another bun owner though.
You must be near me then, where abouts are you?

Wow what a pretty playhouse!:)

It really doesn't look very pretty at the moment. It is 10 years old and has been painted a few times. You can see all the different colours where it is stripping off. It's my little renovation job though. I've always fancied myself as a Sarah Beeny or Kirsty Allsop :lol: The buns have said they will only move in when it has been modernised.

I love freecycle! Well done for getting it, most of the time I reply too late. :D

I thought I would be too late too. I checked iin the morning then went for my hair appointment. It was posted when I would have been going out the door. 3 hours later I saw it and replied, with not much hope. Then we went out for a meal last night and I still hadn't had a reply. When I checked at 12:30 (obsessed, me?!) and saw the reply I was bouncing round the house like a loon :lol: I do feel very very lucky.

What an immense find. I think we will definitely be needing before and after pictures when it's complete! :wave:

I will do. I hope it can be restored. I'm now searching for pictures of playhouse interiors for ideas. I can't decide whether to leave the second half level as it is and put the hay bail and megazorb sack up there, or take away the ladder and replace it with a series of enclosed ramps and platforms so the buns can go right into the loft.

Tick, tock, tick, tock waiting for the husband to get home with the van then we can go and get the playhouse. wheeeeeeee!

Back