• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Good luck vibes for Jims

rachylou

Warren Veteran
Any one have any spare vibes for Jimby tomorrow? He is having his VHD jab and I am praying he does not have a reaction to it like usual. :cry:

Vibes for Jimby. :wave: What problems has he had before. Spenser had a local reaction on the back of his neck, and was a bit more subdued than usual, but nothing too serious. My friend's bunny was very dopey, but he is a much smaller rabbit than Spenser.

Thankyou all of you! Much appriciated! :wave:

Suzie Bun- he tends to go in to statis a few days after, my vet thinks it is due to stress more than the jab. He has the 'usual' reation to the jab- subdued and not quite himself but then 3-4 days after he will just stop eating and become really unwell :cry:
We are hoping that as we are trying a home visit this time that may help eliminate the stress as he gets very stressed travelling.

Thankyou for the vibes everyone! Keep them coming!
Vet has been over and my gosh did they fight him!! Kicking, grunting... :roll:
But both all good on examination and Jims had his Lapinject and a Metaclop to hopefully keep things going.
We also have a Metaclop and Ketofen to give him if he does become unwell so we do not have to stress him out by rushing him straight to the vets.

I am sending him positive affimations and keep saying to him 'You are a big, strong boy and you are going to be fine!'
I am hoping if I keep saying this to him he will start to believe it and having a positive mental attitude will help him. :D

hope he stays well:)

i would definitely have home visits for eric too if he wasn't a dental bun - stresshead!!!

Back