• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Question for Rescues?

PixieRabbit

Mama Doe
What do you do when a member of the public does not pass his homecheck and then often throws abuse at you?

The man in question rang me over Christmas saying his mate wanted to kill his three rabbits and I had to come get them, said he would not keep them a week so I had to go out of my way to go collect them.

Then said person texts me off another mobile pretending to be someone else wanting baby rabbits saying he was an old woman and his grand daughter's rabbit just died. When I speak on the phone it's him, and the woman is 'not around' and never was around to speak to me. So I told him due to his hutch sizes he wont pass home check. (4ft x 1ft)

He text a few times and rang once or twice, but thankfully I got my new phone, new number.

Just today he rang me claiming an English spot looks identical to the one he apparently only had two days and it's being advertised on gumtree as a breeding pair for sale. He hurled abusive language at me threatened with police yadda yadda, I just said we're innocent, Ninja looks different to said bunny (he has different spots and a white lip). Ninja is doing just fine in his foster home last I head as an indoor rabbit :?

He had his number in private, so I cannot block it. I'm worried he'll ring again.

What's worse is atm I can barely speak and he was hurling abuse because I couldn't speak properly. I'd really buggered my throat trying to talk to this :censored:

I guess these kind of calls often. I normally just say to them, 'if you cant hold a civil conversation i am putting the phone down' if they carry on with the abuse, i put the phone down. Ive had a few people call back and apologise, others... well, theyre not worth your time of day!

When i first starting taking the rescue calls, i did get scared by these sort of people but they dont bother me now. Many times people have said they are going to the papers, but ive not seen anything in the papers about me yet :lol:

I'm not a rescue, but I have to speak to customers all day on the phone at work and I get people shout at me occasionally. If you know that you're in the right then just stay calm and stand your ground. No point arguing with these kind of people they're not worth it

Thank you I stayed calm and just said that he can do what he wants as I'm innocent and Ninja now has the life he deserves. And he got angry and hung up.

happens a lot..just jeep hanging up without saying anything in response to him..he'll get bored soon enough ..or put phone down and walk away without hanging up..if he is calling form a mobile it will soon use his credit up!

happens a lot..just jeep hanging up without saying anything in response to him..he'll get bored soon enough ..or put phone down and walk away without hanging up..if he is calling form a mobile it will soon use his credit up!

Cunning plan. Thank you honey. :wave:

My O/H Dad kept getting nuisance calls very early in the morning and he decided to keep a whistle by the phone and everytime the nuisance caller rang he'd blow the whistle really hard down the phone. The phone calls soon stopped after that! Perhaps he gave him a burst ear drum as well?

Back