• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

To prove not all greyhounds eat bunnies *cute pics*

happysaz133

Wise Old Thumper

Maddy with Islay and Jura by Niseag, on Flickr

We're far cuter than her :p

Must I pose for pics?

See the cow? Well...

Once she got him she was quite happy. He's not technically hers, but she loves fluffies

Maddy with her cow by Niseag, on Flickr

Islay and Jura by Niseag, on Flickr

Islay thinking of nomming the doggies ear

Tired of photos

Islay's had enough of photos now!

I think they are quite cute! Glad I got them, I tried the other day but Maddy was frightened of them! Silly girl.

Oh, just so everyone knows, I 100% trust Maddy, and I wouldn't just do this with any dog. I've had 18months to see her reaction to rabbits, and I wouldn't do this if I thought there was any risk to them.

Not every dog can be like this with them, but I have been working with her and she completely ignores the rabbits.

Just incase anyone doesn't like it, or any greyhound people see this and think they will try it!

Just been told on another forum that my rabbits must be dead by now :roll:

What wonderful wonderful pictures! :love::love::love:

Out of interest, how did you get to the point where they could be on the sofa together? What sort of training did you do? (I only ask as I volunteer at a Lurcher Rescue and would love to know any tips to be able to pass onto existing and potential adopters)

Thank you :love:

Wow, that's amazing. There were rescued greyhounds in our P@H lately and I immediately thought they would be a no no with the bunnies!

What wonderful wonderful pictures! :love::love::love:

Out of interest, how did you get to the point where they could be on the sofa together? What sort of training did you do? (I only ask as I volunteer at a Lurcher Rescue and would love to know any tips to be able to pass onto existing and potential adopters)

Thank you :love:

Well Maddy is a failed racer with no instinct to chase, which made it easier.

My last girl was a racer, but I would keep her on a lead at first, and reward her when she looked from the bunnies to me. Every time, so she learnt that the bunnies were a good thing, and so was looking at me.

It did take a while, and of course, never leave them alone, but it can get to the point where they can be supervised together.

That's great that you volunteer at Lurcher rescue :)

Well Maddy is a failed racer with no instinct to chase, which made it easier.

My last girl was a racer, but I would keep her on a lead at first, and reward her when she looked from the bunnies to me. Every time, so she learnt that the bunnies were a good thing, and so was looking at me.

It did take a while, and of course, never leave them alone, but it can get to the point where they can be supervised together.

That's great that you volunteer at Lurcher rescue :)

Thank you so much.

People are so quick to dismiss greys or lurchers if they have cats or small furries but your pics just go to show that, with a bit of work, it can be done! :love:

Would you be OK for me to show the rescue your pictures?

My dog Penny is mainly whippet/greyhound type and she is fab with the small furries. Barney the springer we got when he was 7 and had been encouraged to chase but i just over a period of time desensitised him to our bunnies and he's no problem now. I think because we did some training with them and both dogs listen when i say "no" etc it makes it much easier.

Your dog is gorgeous as are your bunnies and all look so relaxed in each others company. As for some people saying your bunnies must be dead well :roll:
I'm sure they are well supervised and like i said so relaxed with each other.

Back