• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Again more housing questions!

krissie1234uk

Young Bun
I'm still trying to find the best solution for us for housing. I have spoken to my OH about a shed and although he thinks its a great idea, he also said that because we will probably be moving some point this year it doesn't make sense to do this yet.
So I am now thinking about our huge garage (only used for storage - not cars) and if this would be a suitable alternative to a shed in the time being. I would make a sectioned off area for the buns which could be as big as 8ft x 6ft and they could have access to this 24/7. I could then provide a bed area (probably a hutch type place) and fill their run with toys etc.
The garage has windows, it is dry and has running water, electricity and lights. Would this be a good idea? I could also have a supervised run on the grass when the weather gets nicer.
Thoughts? Has anyone got a similar setup?

Garages can work very well, as long as there are no chemicals or lose wiring around that could be dangerous. Having a hutch in there as a base is also a good idea :)

Sounds ok to me! As long as they get some supervised time out in the garden they should be fine :)

Mine have a hutch and a small area in garage at night and during the day they have their hutch and free range of the garden :) They have a tunnel going through the wall, through the aviary and out into the garden which has two doors to close them in at night :D

That's amazing, I'd love to be able to put a tube through to an outside run, but with us being in rented it's just not possible. :(

I'm so excited about this because it's something I can sort out in a weekend or two so can look at bringing some buns home even sooner!

To make them feel like they have some element of outdoor living, I'm going to get some litter trays or other tubs and throw some grass seeds in a couple and some herbs in another. They'll have fresh stuff on tap then.

Back