• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Liz x♥x The Leopard Gecko x♥x

LilVicky

Warren Veteran
Carrying on from; Meet The New Addition! thread, i have taken some more photos of my brothers Leopard Gecko.

He has decided to call her Liz... Liz the Lizard :roll: :lol:

And Yesterday she ate for the first time since we got her Wednesday. We reckon the shop wasnt feeding her the correct diet, they only fed her on meal worms :shock: So she had a bad shed and now has damaged feet :(
I dont even think she knew what the crickets were for :( But she managed to eat four! :)

Shes such an angel, so calm and gentle.

Here is her photoshoot from this morning;

IMGP2278edit.jpg

IMGP2279edit.jpg

IMGP2286edit.jpg

IMGP2289edit.jpg

IMGP2290edit.jpg

IMGP2291edit.jpg

& Back in her tank :D
IMGP2292edit.jpg

Last edited:
Glad she now has a good home to provide her with her correct diet, not my idea of a pet but I am sure she is a gorgeous example of her kind.:D

Glad she now has a good home to provide her with her correct diet, not my idea of a pet but I am sure she is a gorgeous example of her kind.:D

Thanks :) I wouldnt have thought to have a gecko as a pet either, but my brother has never had a pet before, other than a goldfish who is still alive in the pond... s/he is about 10+years? :? And he isnt interested in the cute and cuddly like me :oops: :lol: But i still think she is a cutie!!

He had to choose between a Leopard gecko, Crested Gecko or a bearded dragon, but because its his first reptile he chose the little Leopard Gecko :love:

Im glad shes a member of our family now, shes such a sweetie!
Though i dont like the thought of having to feed her live food :( But i guess shes gotta eat!

In some of her photos, you can see that her body colouring is 'faded' she is due to have a shed soon.

We keep finding :censored: crickets all over upstairs!! :shock: So far my parents have killed two :( and i caught one in the bathroom :roll: and my brother has caught two in his room.
My brother needs to keep them under control :lol: God knows how many more are hopping about :shock: Im keeping my bedroom door shut! :lol:

She's very pretty, glad she's got a good home now! :D I don't think I could cope with all the crickets! :lol:

How beautiful is she!!!??? Get Crunchie to see her!! Crunch loves these sort of fellas!!
Meal worms have no dietry value really.Shes better off with crickets and the powder stuff to load them up with vitamins.
So glad shes got a proper home with proper care.She really is gorgous and will hopefully provide plenty of amusement and can I say companionship???:lol::lol::lol:
How old is she??

How beautiful is she!!!??? Get Crunchie to see her!! Crunch loves these sort of fellas!!
Meal worms have no dietry value really.Shes better off with crickets and the powder stuff to load them up with vitamins.
So glad shes got a proper home with proper care.She really is gorgous and will hopefully provide plenty of amusement and can I say companionship???:lol::lol::lol:
How old is she??

The reptile place he got her from said they only feed them mealworms :(
He is going to feed her crickets and Locusts and he has the powder stuff to cover the crickets in :) He has done all his research and has joined a forum too!

I think the lady said she was 8months old

The reptile place he got her from said they only feed them mealworms :(
He is going to feed her crickets and Locusts and he has the powder stuff to cover the crickets in :) He has done all his research and has joined a forum too!

I think the lady said she was 8months old

Oh fab.Forums are really good.Im snake sitting....joined a forum to make sure im doing the right thing!!
I used to look after beardies.Used to love them running after crickets!! So funny!!
Be warned though, I would get home and crickets would jump out of my CLOTHES!!!!!!!!:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Oh fab.Forums are really good.Im snake sitting....joined a forum to make sure im doing the right thing!!
I used to look after beardies.Used to love them running after crickets!! So funny!!
Be warned though, I would get home and crickets would jump out of my CLOTHES!!!!!!!!:lol::lol::lol::lol:

:lol::lol::lol:

Well we keep finding the crickets upstairs :roll: I hope the one dad killed today was the last 1 that escaped :lol:
I swear i felt 1 on my face last night :? :lol: I hope it was just my hair!

how big are crickets? and is your viv or exo tank secured all the way round? my partner had to fix some of our tanks because the crickets liked to escape out of little gaps

how big are crickets? and is your viv or exo tank secured all the way round? my partner had to fix some of our tanks because the crickets liked to escape out of little gaps

The crickets range in sizes, but its the bigger ones getting out :?

We dont leave the crickets in the viv with her, incase they try and eat her :oops:
We only feed her 1 at a time and if she doesnt eat it we put it back in the cricket tank.

My brother thinks they are getting out of their tank's lid as there is a small round hole in the top... but the crickets look too big to get through? :?
Its only a little carry tank thing, i think he might have to buy a different one if we keep finding them :lol:

Aww, she is gorgeous. I have a Leopard Gecko called Dorothy.

What type of crickets are you feeding? I find Brown ones escape much more than the Black ones. Brown crickets are horrid little things, thankfully Dorothy agrees and prefers the black as well.

I bought some mosquito netting from ebay, and I stretch this over the top of the cricket tank then replace the lid, and it stops them from escaping.

I also only open the cricket tank outside and bring the ones I am feeding inside in a seperate little tub.

Aww, she is gorgeous. I have a Leopard Gecko called Dorothy.

What type of crickets are you feeding? I find Brown ones escape much more than the Black ones. Brown crickets are horrid little things, thankfully Dorothy agrees and prefers the black as well.

I bought some mosquito netting from ebay, and I stretch this over the top of the cricket tank then replace the lid, and it stops them from escaping.

I also only open the cricket tank outside and bring the ones I am feeding inside in a seperate little tub.

Aww! Dorothy is a lovely name! :love::love::love:

They are silent crickets? I think they are browny colour? :? :oops: :lol:
I will pass that on about black crickets :thumb: Maybe Liz will like them better too! She hates it when the cricket touches her face though :lol:

I think the mosquito netting is a great idea!! And opening them up outside too! :love: Will pass that on as well! :lol:

Its always great to get advice and tips from experienced owners :lol: :love:

Do you feed Dorothy Locusts?

Aww! Dorothy is a lovely name! :love::love::love:

They are silent crickets? I think they are browny colour? :? :oops: :lol:
I will pass that on about black crickets :thumb: Maybe Liz will like them better too! She hates it when the cricket touches her face though :lol:

I think the mosquito netting is a great idea!! And opening them up outside too! :love: Will pass that on as well! :lol:

Its always great to get advice and tips from experienced owners :lol: :love:

Do you feed Dorothy Locusts?

Ah yeah, silent crickets. Although, they arent actually silent you know? All crickets are silent until they are fully grown. And Leopard geckos shouldnt be eating fully grown crickets anyway.

Yes, she loves locusts! I get size two or three and she goes mad for them. I give her them as a treat though, as they are more expensive and I can't seem to keep them alive for very long!

Oh, and you can also feed wax worms as a very, very occasional treat.

Ah yeah, silent crickets. Although, they arent actually silent you know? All crickets are silent until they are fully grown. And Leopard geckos shouldnt be eating fully grown crickets anyway.

Yes, she loves locusts! I get size two or three and she goes mad for them. I give her them as a treat though, as they are more expensive and I can't seem to keep them alive for very long!

Oh, and you can also feed wax worms as a very, very occasional treat.

Thanks for that, some of the crickets are getting big, ive told him about them not meant to eat full grown crickets

My mum is going to buy Liz some Locusts and see if she likes them :D
And of course wax worms! But not until the number of crickets go down :lol:

He has blocked up the hole he thinks they are getting out of.. so hopefully we wont see any jumping around :lol:

Do you have any advice/tips with her shedding?
Shes gone abit pale and she wont go into her shedding den with the moss in. We tried moving the moss into her favourite hide but she went into another hide and didnt go back until he took it out :roll: :lol:
She started to go pale yesterday and still hasnt shedded. :?

Last edited:
Arent crickets such good fun :roll:

I remember, when I used to live at my parents, my mum phoned me when I was at college, to tell me there was a cricket running loose in the conservatory. What I was meant to do about it I don't really know!

Back