• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Please can Floppy have some vibes? UD p49 - back from vet

weedug

Mama Doe
I was out for the afternoon and came back to find Floppy lying around tooth grinding. He refused all food or treats offered.

I rushed him straight to the vet a few minutes before they closed and they think it is his back leg which is causing the pain :( (the one with the dislocated patella). The vet said the joint seemed very inflammed. She checked his tummy and said it was still nice and soft, with no sign of bloat.

They've given him some painkillers and some zantac for his tummy. If he's still not eating tomorrow he's to go back, otherwise he goes back on Wednesday so they can check the leg and maybe x-ray. She mentioned the possibility of a fracture :shock:. Said it was more common with his problem.

I have plenty of herbs to tempt him, and will go out into the garden soon to find anything that is growing there.

We would be very grateful for some vibes for him, as he is obviously not happy :(

Last edited:
Thanks for the vibes. He is just sitting, with no interest in anything :(.

He was fine this morning too, his normal silly self.

I don't know what I have done, to affect his leg so badly :(

Thanks for the vibes. He is just sitting, with no interest in anything :(.

He was fine this morning too, his normal silly self.

I don't know what I have done, to affect his leg so badly :(

Aw I don't think it was anything you did - bunnies are so bouncy and springy - I worry about Jack and Hollie doing something to themselves because they're so nutty when they're bouncing about and they are two perfectly healthy bunnies! Please don't blame yourself. Poor Floppy - poor you xx

sorry to hear this maria ...was it floopy who got his jag last week? If there anything I can do give me a shout I have stuff here what you put in water to keep the gut moving if you want I can send hubby up with it.

sorry to hear this maria ...was it floopy who got his jag last week? If there anything I can do give me a shout I have stuff here what you put in water to keep the gut moving if you want I can send hubby up with it.

Yeah, it was Floppy who had his Lapinject VHD a week ago. Don't think this is connected.

I'll let you know if the gut stuff would help, thanks. Just now I am just trying to get him to eat or drink something.

Floppy is even worse this morning. He has spent the entire night lying in the one place in his cage. He has eaten a tiny bit herbs and I have managed to get him to drink a couple of mouthfuls.

I don't think he can use his back legs. I'll be in touch with the vet when they open at 10, but does anyone have any thoughts? EC?

I think that his luxating patella is more likely to be the issue rather than EC.
I would keep him immobile, warm and hydrated. So pop a heatpad next to him and offer him a bowl of water.

Good luck at the Vets and please keep us updated xx

Back