• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Spenser will not take his fibreplex!

susie bun

Wise Old Thumper
I thought he had eaten the bit I squidges on a cabbage leaf last night ... but found it uneaten to the side of his bowl this morning. :roll: Thought I'd get clever, and sandwich today's doze between two strawberry leaves. I thought this was working, but he dropped the 'sandwich' when he got to the fibreplex bit. :roll: He's actually eating quite well again, so I'm not too worried. Might try a Fenugreek crunchie sandwich next time.

Oh dear. Mini never likes fibreplex either. I usually end up with one bun refusing it and one trying to eat it (Mischa). Shame Mischa doesn't need it!

Pie is on this atm, I get OH to wrap her in a towel and I just stick it in her mouth and down it goes. No point in me putting it on food, as she is getting over bad GI Stasis and is being picky with food anyway.

Yep - works for me!

Clover and Blackie both ate more when I smeared it on their paws and round their mouths, but weren't fond of the syringe feeding.

Ah syringe feeding - when you get to wrap a bunny in a towel like a baby and watch them enjoy their feed with a dirty wee mouf!! If only they weren't sick when you had to do it, it would be such a pleasure. I still remember Lola's gorgeous little dirty face, wrapped up like she was wearing a headscarf. She had some fiberplex and I set her up to have a rest, she licked her wee furry lips and then looked for more! I think I'm gonna cry! (Hope I never have to do it again though!! :?) It was such a bitter sweet experience!

Ah syringe feeding - when you get to wrap a bunny in a towel like a baby and watch them enjoy their feed with a dirty wee mouf!! If only they weren't sick when you had to do it, it would be such a pleasure. I still remember Lola's gorgeous little dirty face, wrapped up like she was wearing a headscarf. She had some fiberplex and I set her up to have a rest, she licked her wee furry lips and then looked for more! I think I'm gonna cry! (Hope I never have to do it again though!! :?) It was such a bitter sweet experience!

Blackberry has to be made into a bunny burrito to take a syringe feed or metacam
BunniesOct2010001-1.jpg

BunniesBlackieondrugsOct2010005.jpg

BunniesBlackieondrugsOct2010004.jpg

He'd rather help himself to the treats I give him afterwards :lol:

BunniesBlackieondrugsOct2010006.jpg

Grimlock won't touch anything with it on. I gave up in the end and tried the pro fibre pellets. Not as much fibre but they go down a lot easier!

And Grim can get out of bunny burritos... :?

Good luck with Spenser.

bertie usually goes nuts for fibreplex apart from when he was hospitalised last time. now he gets excited...then goes eww. maybe they changed the recipe!

i see excel have their version out.....fenugreek etc flavoured...but £11.99 a tube!!

good luck...fingers crossed..

btw@blackberry...squeeeee:love:

aww whys he on fibreplex is it too try and get more fibre into him, with himbeing a fussy eater?

Yes. He's also changing over to SS pellets. He likes those, but not the fibreplex. In fact he eats the SS pellets first, and sometimes doesn't finish the Excel.

sorry if its been suggested but im tired and havent read the posts :oops:

have you tried a small chunk of banana mushed and then the fibreplex mixed in? it worked with Alvin when i used to give it.

sorry if its been suggested but im tired and havent read the posts :oops:

have you tried a small chunk of banana mushed and then the fibreplex mixed in? it worked with Alvin when i used to give it.

Not tried this, thanks. Will bear this in mind but he is back in the hutch for the night. Hope my Mum is in the mood for a banana tomorrow as I don't like them. Banana is not one of Spenser's regular foods, but I haven't tried it for some time. He has nommed some of his pellets and veg tonight, so I'm not too worried.

Back