• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Post Pregnancy Toxemia

chloaster

Warren Veteran
I know this is a last shot but has anyone dealt with this and seen mummy bunny come through? Ros has had 13 babies in the last 5weeks, the 7 are only a week old and she has been diagnosed with PPT - she is having regular sub cuts and will eat recovery food from a syringe and carrot when it is shoved in her mouth but otherwise she just sits on the nest and doesn't move. When we put her out in the garden she is still active but only on encouragement. She has developed diarrhea this morning which doesn't encourage me and has also started teeth grinding but due to the Toxemia Metacam is not a great drug of choice .....

..... any ideas greatly appreciated - not found anything on the internet and our local vet is struggling to find anything helpful as yet.

Thanks.

Doesn't look good eh? :cry:

The kits are only 8days old, so if anyone does know of a feeding doe in the Midlands it could be worth a shot for them. We have done this before with orphaned kits and they survived.

How risky would a spay be now? I have known of mum's to be spayed as an emergency at birth and then managed to raise any living kits, but not at this stage of kindling.

There are two litters on here I can think of that are about the same age, but I'm not sure where they are in the country.

Doesn't look good eh? :cry:

The kits are only 8days old, so if anyone does know of a feeding doe in the Midlands it could be worth a shot for them. We have done this before with orphaned kits and they survived.

were on staffs/cheshire border we have mum with a litter of 6 that are 6 days old the mums laid back and i think would accept a few additions dont n=know how far we are from you ?

were on staffs/cheshire border we have mum with a litter of 6 that are 6 days old the mums laid back and i think would accept a few additions dont n=know how far we are from you ?

You were one of those I was thinking of. I would suggest, if you take some, then only one, or two max., would be safe for Ruby.

The other person is way too far away to help these kits.

You were one of those I was thinking of. I would suggest, if you take some, then only one, or two max., would be safe for Ruby.

The other person is way too far away to help these kits.

i wasn't thinking of more than 2 anyway as much as id love to help them all.

the 7 week old ones are they weaning now?
is it possible although not practical seperating them away from mum for a couple of hours a day?
of the time?
p.s im not experienced in all this in the slightest so check with others before acting on any of my advise

We made the decision to take the 6 4.5week old babies out when she had the second litter so they are not part of the problem with her. We have just come back from the vets again and she has had some calcium added by drip .... the outlook does not look good but she is doing well for the prognosis I have read on the internet as she has been going for 36hours now.

We made the decision to take the 6 4.5week old babies out when she had the second litter so they are not part of the problem with her. We have just come back from the vets again and she has had some calcium added by drip .... the outlook does not look good but she is doing well for the prognosis I have read on the internet as she has been going for 36hours now.

i was going to ask how long shed been since diagnosis,

looking good then should imagine its the same as all illness's plenty of water?

keep us all updated im routing for her does she have a name so we can send personal vibes for her??

Back