• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Strengths

Sky-O

Wise Old Thumper
What do you think your strengths are when it comes to being a rabbit owner?
The Accommodation and space you can provide? Time you can give them? Medical needs? Diet awareness? Behaviour? Bonding? Something a bit more abstract (like what I'm, about to say :lol:)

I think mine is probably thinking from the position of the bunny, which is quite odd, but I can often understand and see actions and reactions and understand where they have come from and why they are doing what they are doing.

Everyone has things they are good at, so what's yours?

it would have to be my thirst for knowledge im constantly trying to find new ways of improving there life

Last edited:
I think I'm quite good at reading their body language, at least, most of the time.

Also I have a lot of time to give them :thumb: Not a lot of energy, but a lot of time :p

I think time is my strong suit. But being clever enough to pick up on general first aid, body language, and trying to give them a naturally comfortable of a life as possible also benefits them.

Another good point is how adaptable I am to new idea's and how I don't crack under pressure. :oops:

I'm a bit stronger on weaknesses at the moment, if that's not too much of a contradiction on terms. I do put a lot of time and truouble into finding things he will eat, and although his set-up isn't ideal I have happily stopped going out in the afternoons so that he can have supervised indoor time and get half decent exercise.

I don't think I have any particular strength, I did go through 5 vets before finding one who I though was good enough and am happy with, so quite determined! I have also changed accommodation several times to what suits my buns best. I wish I had more time but work away a lot, buns always come first though if they need the vet they go!
I also know four is my limit!

I don't think I have any particular strength, I did go through 5 vets before finding one who I though was good enough and am happy with, so quite determined! I have also changed accommodation several times to what suits my buns best. I wish I had more time but work away a lot, buns always come first though if they need the vet they go!
I also know four is my limit!

I've done this too. I think it makes us 'good at finding solutions'. ;)

I'm a bit stronger on weaknesses at the moment, if that's not too much of a contradiction on terms. I do put a lot of time and truouble into finding things he will eat, and although his set-up isn't ideal I have happily stopped going out in the afternoons so that he can have supervised indoor time and get half decent exercise.

Self sacrificing :thumb: :D

No strengths.
Just try to do my best which is never 'good' enough.

You have masses of strengths. :D Your accommodation is always SO tidy, I don't know how you do it. Plus you are a very kind person and have SO much knowledge. :thumb:

susie bun said:

As Schuette says, self sacrificing is good :D And the effort you go to for his food is brill as well. We also all have areas for improvements, you're not different from anyone else in that sense, because no one is the perfect owner.

No strengths.

This might just be the biggest load of garbage I've seen for a long time. Straight away, when making this thread, I was thinking of you and your medical knowledge, which is incredible for someone who is not a vet. That and how you use it to care for your bunnies is incredible.

You judge yourself so harshly you can't see how much good there is in you. That's incredibly sad, for you and your bunnies.

Last edited:
No strengths.

Similarly to what Jane has said, I think a 'sort of' strength is having the view that I can always improve their lives - never stopping looking at ways in which I can make them happier, being open to suggestions/constructive criticism and trying new things.

I can also give them a lot of time, as I work from home, but that is purely down to circumstance/luck - its not really a personal strength!

Similarly to what Jane has said, I think a 'sort of' strength is having the view that I can always improve their lives - never stopping looking at ways in which I can make them happier, being open to suggestions/constructive criticism and trying new things.

I can also give them a lot of time, as I work from home, but that is purely down to circumstance/luck - its not really a personal strength!

I do agree in that everyone can always improve, but that doesn't mean what they have isn't good enough, or they aren't happy. There is room for improvement in all of us and what we all do, but we also should akcnowledge the good things we can and do do and our strengths.

i think my 'strength' would be my devotion to them. i may not have all the knowledge some people have or the experience but i try every day to do my best for them x

I do agree in that everyone can always improve, but that doesn't mean what they have isn't good enough, or they aren't happy. There is room for improvement in all of us and what we all do, but we also should akcnowledge the good things we can and do do and our strengths.

Where's the 'like' button :p I agree completely. I'd love for mine to be able to free-range on the landing all the time, then I would love for the house to be bunny proofed, then I would love for the garden to be bunny proofed. There's is always room for improvement, nobody and no setup is 'perfect' but it's a darn sight better than what most rabbits get!

My obsessive nature!!! :lol: If I see something that needs improving or that could be made better for them, I'll obsess over it until I HAVE to do something about it, for my own healths sake even moreso than the buns!:roll:

Bad for my health - good for them!!! :lol:

Being able to 'speak' to rabbits.
Obviously they can't talk but they can communicate very well through other means especially body language. I can read them very well but I can also get them to understand what I want. It means I don't really have to pick them up, I can separate them easily to give Grim more food. Smoo is cheeky on purpose sometimes and knows how to get round me. :) But most importantly I can can give Grim his injections easily because I know how to calm him down so he hardly notices it's happening, just with him coming into the house on his own and sitting on the floor. Perhaps it's just knowing them well. I can spot when something is wrong and know what they want. :)

The things I am better at are from reading and this forum.

Diet I am really interested in feeding medicinal herbs for immune boost, etc. They are lucky as I live in the country and can go foraging for them.

They are lucky as I have a big garden and two rooms so good space wise.

Having had quite a few different bunny sicknesses, e.g. EC, snuffles, RTI, cystitis, hernia I've had quite a bit of experience with nursing care and knowing what they want when they are sick.

Weakness is trusting my gut instinct as I often think I am being paranoid when I think one of the bunnies is a bit off, I am usually right but should trust my instinct more.

I don't have a lot of imagination where set ups are concerned. I.e. I can paint my playhouses nice colours but never know how to furnish them. I look at everyone else's setups realise how little imagination I have.

Not much :oops: I never feel like I'm good enough for them. I guess if it was anything it would be the willingness to make sacrifices on their behalf - when I took on this job I had to live 11 miles from work and cycle there and back each day because that was the nearest house to rent that would accept pets :shock: it was not fun :lol:

Back