• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

What to Line a Shed Floor With?

Isis

Mama Doe
At the moment there is carpet in there, but Wispa as stripped a lot of it (not eaten), next week I am going to start refurbishing the shed. And was wondering if anyone had any ideas what to line the floor with.

My first thought would be Lino, as then it would be easier to clean? But slippery for bunnies.

Any ideas?

Use a "non-slip" textured lino. You can put some old rugs on top if you're worried about slipping. Definitely easier to clean out!

There is a carpet place just down the road from me, will go down there and have a look at their off-cuts.

I think im going to try this lino when i get my shed sorted, but i worry as Marley will refuse to move if hes put on any slippery floor. If he moves just the tinyest bit he starts to panic :roll:

I use water resistant EVA foam mats in their pen at the moment, its soft underfoot and insulating but not suitable if your bunnies decide to make a meal of it. Marley did once, but hasnt since.

To RampantRabbits- i wouldnt worry too much about the slipping. One of my buns had a paralyised paw, which has mainly recoverd but not fully. Since then she has issues on slippy floors- shes VERY weary, and wont move, and she slips when she does. However, i have the textured lino in my shed and shes fine with it! The only thing i had an issue with is they have a cage in there as a base, and she wouldnt come out once she was in- i think she was scared of slipping. I got a £5 door mat and placed it at the entry and since then shes been fine. In the kitchen however, we have normal lino, and although she tries to move, she really cant and has to very slowly hobble around it.

I definately recommend the textured non-slip lino, and i find it so easy to clean- one time after we recently moved the buns ate FAR too much grass outside, and as their tummies werent used to it, they had a lot of squishy poos to clean! As catxx suggested, a few blankets might be good- although i tried this and the buns just squished them up,chewed them and generally made a mess- door mats work best for mine, and they are warmer for them to sit on.

Back