• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

floppys being neutered help

louiseb1000

Warren Scout
im really worried hes going in on tuesday morning do i need to do anything to his house so hes comfey ? can he lay on hay and straw still? the vet says to feed him as normal and to take his fav meal in with him so they can encourage him to eat after ?? but it will all be worth it when he has a wifey i cant wait he will be so happy

he should be alright with hay not sure about straw and as for the after meal i would def bring with him. and dont be worried if it takes him a while to get any enfusiamum about food it took scooter a while he was eating but only little bits.

There's a section on neutering, including after-care in 'rabbit care reference section' of The Forum. :wave:

Hello
Is he and indoor or outdoor bun?
Jenson is indoor and so I put a white towels in the base (can get cheap ones in Asda). I did this because straw or hay could irritate the wound.
He'll still need hay too though so I put this in a container for him.

Packed lunch is a good idea, that way you know that the food he has is the same as usual and he'll be more tempted to eat. I packed pellets and hay. They also need to be a bit restricted for space for a bit, so he doesn't jump about too much and pull his stitches.

Hope this helps. Jenson was a bit quiet after, but was eating, drinking and pooping as normal and didn't keep licking the wound so that was all good.

Oh and like Susie says, read the section on neutering because this is just my experience with Jenson.

Hi
Do not put hay or straw in his house after he's been neutered because this can poke his stitches. And hurt him.
Put towels and newspapers for the base this is a soft option and safe.

Perhaps pack a couple of his favourite toys. He most probably won't want to play with them, but it will be something that makes him feel more at home.

Good luck Floppy. The plum fairy takes something away but, all being well you might have a girlfriend. Ooooooooh. :lol::lol:

Perhaps pack a couple of his favourite toys. He most probably won't want to play with them, but it will be something that makes him feel more at home.

Good luck Floppy. The plum fairy takes something away but, all being well you might have a girlfriend. Ooooooooh. :lol::lol:

Oh my poor bunski hes still in waiting for news ive cleaned his house he has towels down and a bowel of hay i took him at 8.30 this morning i took his fav hay herbbeys he loves them and some pellets also took his bowel and water bottle and blankie as vet said familliar stuff will help to comfort him she is lovelly and he most definatley is getting a wiffey after this he needs a play mate i just want him to be happy shame it took me coming on here to find out so much p@h **** told me nothing and i will never get a bun from there again although i love my floppy bunny xx

Back