• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Purple veg,

yvette

Wise Old Thumper
Its cabbagy to look at, but isnt cabbage,is a cross between kale and sprouts apparently, so my old lady said.One of my clients is trying to give me this veg stuff for the buns but I have no idea if its safe.I expect it is but dont want to presume.Anyone got any ideas of what im talking about and if its safe?? Ta very much.xxx

no, thats not it...its a bit like purple sproutings but bigger heads......I shouldve taken a pic before i chucked it...:roll:

I can't remember the name but it was the new cool veg last year. Cabbage, kale, sprouts etc. are all fine, anything in that group would be okay for bunnies, just introduce gradually.

They are fine. (Ex Fruit & Veg buyer) I used to feed my buns on it & they used to go crazy! They are massively vitamin rich - more so than their "normal" relatives. You can get Grafetti-Cauliflowers, Purple Romanesco (spiky cauliflower looking thing), Purple Sprouting (similar to Brocolli but younger and tenderstem), I can't remember what the purple cabbage is called but it is high in vitamins E & C, and is also very good in the sense it stimulates circulation & promotes a happy immune system.

Note: it still needs to be fed in controlled quantities as anything else but it is better for them than the green version.

Red cabbage (the one you use for coleslaw) is apparently not good for them :S

Last edited:
Back